Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lets do something fun and for a good cause

Go down 
+10
FallstonYJ
XJXtian
Grateful Red
antagonist84cj7
meangreen
JKNurse79
Screwfly
mdcj7
JEEPERX
UpnOver
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Lets do something fun and for a good cause Empty
PostSubject: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 1:49 pm

Chris Taylor just texted me about Rausch aquiring more land.. Fantastic..

I read the thread and its across the street where they had the RCQ...

Two years ago we spoke about a trail cutting day for the Raiders. Alot of people talked thrash that they would be there but only Tina, John Wendel, Gil, Tico and myself showed up.

That was embarassing.......

We put alot of hard work into this club last year and we came along way........ We cut the dues, made the club a more pleasant place to be and now is your turn.............

I want to request that all of you help out and lets plan a day to cut a new trail.... Usually if we cut a trail we cut for the first half of the day and then wheel the second for free..

I know alot of us are busy and have tons on our plate but Rausch is our only park in our area and its time to give back..

I would like to plan a weekend and I am going to try to wheel Saturday and then cut on Sunday.

I havent asked any of you for much over the past two years but I am going to ask this.. I would love to contact Lynn and say we have 10 to 15 people coming to cut a trail...

Please respond to this thread asap if you are willing to do this and lets pick a weekend to do it.. It will probably be a Sunday that we cut so that more people can come...

When responding let me know dates you can make it.
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Male Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 2:13 pm

Heck YEAH

I will gather the troops at A/O and we could do this as a "joint" effort with the two clubs
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 2:36 pm

You are quick....... I was gonna call you when I got home and see if you wanted to work with us........

Alright guys and gals.. Lets not let our sister club out do us with quantity of volunteers.. They are great people but we were around longer... Lets show what we have..

I will put all the dates together and see what works best..

John Wendel just said he would do it.....I will talk to Adam now and get a yes from him..

Those two cant use the work excuse.. Their boss wont allow that!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:37 pm

I'm in popcorn March would be good not hot not that cold and the bees are still sleeping. April is bad for me I have two events going on that month already.
Back to top Go down
Screwfly

Screwfly

Male Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:57 pm

I can make time in March as well.
I work weekends, but if I can know by the end of this month, I will use a vacation day to come up.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 5:00 pm

I was thinking March 6 / 7 or March 13 / 14
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 pm

UpnOver wrote:
I was thinking March 6 / 7 or March 13 / 14

either of those would work cheers

lets pick a date and make a big list of raiders
Back to top Go down
JKNurse79

JKNurse79

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:02 pm

I would be in for March also. If it is the first weekend in March I would have to ok it with the hubby since our anniversary is on March 5th, but I don't think he has anything planned as of yet or will care.
Back to top Go down
meangreen

meangreen

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:01 am

Im down for the 6th and 7th. I can bring my tractor, chainsaw, shovel's, and enough rigging to hang my truck in a tree!

Lets do something fun and for a good cause 863218
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

Male Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:13 am

I'll have to schedule off. Is the 6th and 7th concrete?
Back to top Go down
JKNurse79

JKNurse79

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:27 am

I got the ok for the 6th and 7th.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Let me contact Alpha Omega and Lynn at Rausch and see if the 6/7 works.. Looks like it works for MRR.
Back to top Go down
Grateful Red
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
Grateful Red

Male Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:37 pm

Looks like the 6th and 7th works for me as of now
Back to top Go down
http://lloyder05.blogspot.com/
Screwfly

Screwfly

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:43 pm

Already got a shift trade in the works for the 6th.
cheers
Back to top Go down
XJXtian

XJXtian

Female Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Hey Matt (and everyone!) Alpha/Omega's March ride is the 13th/14th......but we may be able to move it back a week and head up with you all on the 6th and 7th. I have to see what everyone says, as the weekend before that (Feb 27th) we're having a benefit run up there to raise money for a local (member of a PA church that one of our member families goes to) missionary that is heading to Haiti in March to clean up/rebuild.

I'll get a hold of you soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:07 pm

I'm in when the time comes if my schedule permits. The way my work is going I probably will not know until the last minute!

Worst case; if I can talk Dana into it, maybe Tommy can go up and use his new Stihl chainsaw?? I know he would LOVE that!!
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
CamoK5

Number of posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:10 pm

March 6th / 7th works for me. I'm away 13th /14th.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Went on to find Lynn's email and found this.............Looks like we did a good job picking dates.. I think I will stay the weekend and wheel Sunday too.. That way if someone cant make it but wants to wheel with the club we can Sunday or if the majority plan to come up Sunday than maybe they will have a Sunday cut too..

Let me know if you plan to stay the weekend and we can get with Mel and get some rooms..

Post from Lynn on Rausch forum//////////

The new property is being called the "Northeast" section. We will have trail work days on Saturday, Feb 13, and Saturday, March 6 for those who want to come help. You will be asked to work half the day, and then you can wheel the other half of the day. No fees are involved unless your membership is expired in which case you need to renew it.

You don't need a modified rig to get around, stock vehicles are fine. The trail work for now involves widening the existing network of green trails. Tools needed are chainsaws, loppers and brush cutters (with metal blades, not string). Or a strong back to toss the debris off the trail. After the work part of the day is done, those volunteers can take a ride around the Northeast property or go wheel the East,West, or South. By Feb 13th, we should have the boundaries marked out so you can go exploring as long as you stay in groups of two.

Post up here if you can help and which date you want to help. We'll try and get started at 9 a.m. If these dates don't suit and enough people want to come help on another date, we can do that too. There's plenty of work to be done over several
Back to top Go down
Screwfly

Screwfly

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:35 pm

Very cool!
Not sure if I'll stay up there for Sunday yet or not. I think if I can get it off, I will.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:32 pm

I'll stay the whole weekend Lets do something fun and for a good cause 173155
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
CamoK5

Number of posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:45 pm

mdcj7 wrote:
I'll stay the whole weekend Lets do something fun and for a good cause 173155

Me too ............ Lets do something fun and for a good cause 863218
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:23 pm

Just received conformation from Lynn that the weekend is good. Saturday is a definite for cutting 1/2 day then wheeling. Sunday will work also if we have enough to cut again.

I am sending Mel a email now asking her to block a few rooms for the Raiders/Alpha group..
Back to top Go down
JKNurse79

JKNurse79

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:52 am

I will be staying the whole weekend as well!!!
Back to top Go down
meangreen

meangreen

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 pm

I can stay the whole weekend too. I might leave friday after work to head up. There are a few nice dead pine trees I cand cut up and bring for firewood and I have a 18' octoganal military tent I can bring. I just have to replace my rear axle seals and load the trailer up and ill be good to go! Is there anything besides a chainsaw, shovels, pick, chains and straps I need to bring? My tractor has a 20k lbs front winch and I can bring some snatch blocks too. Im sure we can find a way to put it to use. (i only used it twice, both times were at RC last year.)
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 pm

You can contact Bruce at Rausch about the tractor. I will pm you his email. Just let him know you are coming up with MRR and see if there is any need for it.. I know a few have talked about heavy equipment on the Rausch forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets do something fun and for a good cause   Lets do something fun and for a good cause Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets do something fun and for a good cause
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next