Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rausck Creek 3/6/10

Go down 
+4
JKNurse79
Screwfly
77Scottsdale
mdcj7
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Rausck Creek 3/6/10 Empty
PostSubject: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Had a great day everyone got stuck today except for Mark in the snow. We tried to run some green trails and could not get through more to follow later this week some pictures
Back to top Go down
77Scottsdale

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 11:01 pm

cant wait to see pics, what trails did you hit?
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

PostSubject: Re: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:00 pm

Today was a better day no one got stuck in the snow. We started on C trail and went to crawler ridge then did a trail near crawler ridge that not even on the map. That were Paul Carter lost a wheel cylinder and we ran him bact to the staging area. after that we made our way to H trail to go to the west property. Sent Chris down first to test the trail after he made it we all went down then ran trail 11 over to trail 19. Saw that 19 was clear of snow we ran that trail then the second part og 19 was cover with snow and never touched so we tried it and all made it through. Continue on 11 around to H but coul not get through snow was getting deep again so we back track to get to H Trail. There we sent Matt up first to see if we were going to need to winch anyone up. Matt made it so we sent the two jeeps with out winches first Tim and Walter after them the reast of use went up the trail. At that time I recieved a call for the park staff asking for help Chris and Myself went to help him while the rest went to the comp area. Mark left at this time due to losing transmission fluid from hitting a rock hard on Sat on trail 5. Then we meet the group at Yellow Jacket which as easy with the snow on it. Stacey even made it driving my Jeep and Walter had some problems with it but made it through. Then made our way back to the comp course where I ended my day on the trails. This was a great weekend and was gade to see all the Rock Raiders that made it out for the ride.
Back to top Go down
Screwfly

Screwfly

Male Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:09 pm

It was a hell of a good weekend.
Thank you all for the guidance and help when I did get stuck.
I posted some pix in the pics and vids forum.
Back to top Go down
JKNurse79

JKNurse79

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:39 am

Thanks guys!!! I had a blast this weekend. I was so happy to get up Yellow Jacket cheers and without any major damage to my dad's jeep. Thanks for all the spotting help can't wait to go out again and get mine trail ready.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:53 am

Great weekend with GREAT people.. It was really cool to hang out with everyone all weekend and wheel. It is really nice to have new people along and enjoy the wheeling with us..

I was really impressed with the Deuce and the Tractor and I would of bet $ that they had no chance to make it over those large whoops but they both proved that wrong in style.......

It sucked that they couldnt continue with us but summer will be here before we know it and manuvering will be alot easier without the snow.. We had alot of conversation about your rigs and your cool trailer set up..

I have some of the black Rock Raider shirts for those that were not at the Comfort Inn to get them. Send me a pm with sizes and I will get them to Mark or Paul to get them to you. Mark has the box of stickers if you want one of them.

Tim did a fantastic Job both days wheeling open/open. Brian was a trip all weekend and watching the twin stick play around was really cool. Walter did very well for a first time wheeler and will do even better once he gets some new shoes on that Rubi...

I have sent Dean a email about the pictures and I will be asking him to join the forum also... Dean was alot of help all day Saturday and I thank him for that.. Please take a look at his photos and get some great shots.. He is a true professional and we need to support him so he can continue with us on future rides..

I cant forget to Thank our weekend winch expert Mr Fallston Fab also known as FallstonYJ but the credit really goes to the Black Knight.......

Thanks for a FANTASTIC weekend everybody and lets start talking about the next weekend we can all make it.........

And one last thing...........

After all the razzing I get from the Ford Fanantics... I got to prove my point to those fools on Sunday morning.. The 7.3 club got their AZZES handed to them on the 2 mile hill climb on 81... I believe the comments were "I had no more left", "You definitely have more acceleration than me" and the best one was from FALLSTONYJ JR which was "YOU WERE GONE ON THAT HILL"..

NO excuses will be excepted on this either BROTHERS... I came from the back of the pack and KICKED ALL YOUR AZZES even though the leader had a huge head start.

I know the Edge boxes are coming but thats fine.. The Dirty Max is staying bone stock until the warranty is out....

Thank you for the fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
JAKELC15

JAKELC15

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Had a great time, was great to meet you all. I should have some tires on my Jeep for the next trail ride. Hard to maneuver the deuce through some of those trails. Matt and I actually had to back out of a trail we had gone down for about a 1/4 mile because we couldn't fit between the trees! Would like to have a MRR t-shirt and a sticker. Glad to be part of this group, great bunch of folks.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

PostSubject: Re: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:27 pm

Here is the link to my pictures

Snow run 3/6/10
Back to top Go down
bleoh

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:45 pm

I had a great weekend, thanks to everyone. I think the trail selection was perfect and all the snow made it that much more fun. Also had a blast playing around in the comp area. I'll get my photos and video uploaded tonight.

Oh, and I really enjoyed the dinner Saturday, thanks Chris!!!! It was like watching a pro pit crew every time you put that spring back in. :)
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
CamoK5

Number of posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Had a blast,seeing everyone was great and kudos to the guides. I really enjoy snow wheeling the best, I just need to be lighter on the loud pedal. Jake and I started tearing things apart and the tranny is toast. The cracked opened up a little and is on one complete side. We should have it out and the new one in by this weekend.
Back to top Go down
bleoh

PostSubject: Re: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:36 pm

Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:34 am

Here are the pic's that Dean took on Saturday..

10percentoff2010 in the coupon code will give you 10% off..

http://4lowdigital.smugmug.com/Trail-Rides/MRR
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
bleoh

PostSubject: Re: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:40 am

I loaded the video to photobucket. It would only take 10min so I will need to split it up. There is about 6 more min of Chris on that rock ledge at the end. I'll put it on DVD for anyone who wants a copy. I can bring it to the next McGerks or Fallston Fab get together (hint hint).

Rausck Creek 3/6/10 Th_March10SnowWheelingmovie
Back to top Go down
bleoh

PostSubject: Re: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:14 pm

Here is the rest of the video that got cut off at the end.

Rausck Creek 3/6/10 Th_SnowwheelingChrisonledge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rausck Creek 3/6/10   Rausck Creek 3/6/10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rausck Creek 3/6/10
Page 1 of 1