Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rausch Creek 4/11

Go down 
+2
natedogg_66
UpnOver
6 posters
AuthorMessage
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:41 pm

Tom, Tommy, Jason, Tina and I made it to the creek today and had a fantastic time. After waking up to downpours and running late we managed to get to the park and unloaded by about 9:30. Tom's rig was just picked up from Appalachian last night and is now towering over all our rigs.
We headed up the tower line and the smile on Tom's face as he walked the first climb up the little play area on the tower line was worth the entire trip. I headed to trail 5 and started thru the rock faces and the slippery rock started putting me close to the trees within the first 500 feet. The new 4 to 1 kit is amazing and the jeep just wants to crawl. We ran alittle further and decided to save it for a dryer day as to not end upside down or into any tree's.
We played around on the East property for about a hour and then headed to the West to find Chris, Pattey and their group. They were hiding easter eggs for the kids as we arrived and the rain would not let up. They were headed to 10a to play in the mud and we followed along.
At the end of the trail they went out to 10 and we headed for the rock garden. After playing around alittle in the garden getting some POSER pictures we had lunch and enjoyed the wind picking up but the rain stopping. We discussed which way to head out and started to 13A but somehow ended up on a green trail winding back and forth thru the woods.
We ended up on Crawler ridge and had a blast. On the first climb I opted for the left line and got denied on the first try due to a large rock at the top stricking my front diff. I backed up a few times and kept getting the same result. It appeared my front locker was only engaging when it wanted to. I got alittle aggravated and asked Tina if I could get alittle to the right and she proceeded to look out the window. I didnt give her enough time to answer and tried the line alittle to the right of the obstacle and gave it alittle throttle. Well, she wasnt seated when I did and she ended up closer to my seat. I didnt have my belt on either and my door saved me because I was going out.. It took all I had to hold on and not let up on the throttle. I made it and it was alot of fun. Tommy commented afterwards that I flew up the ledge and it definitely felt like I was flying... I couldnt talk Jason or Tom into trying the climb for some reason..........
We headed out of there and went to the hillclimb near the comp course that has denied Tom on the past two occasions.. He made it up effortlessly and questioned why he ever struggled in the past. We had a group of FJ's (there was like 150 in the park today) watching us and started taking pictures of our rigs. Earlier in the day we had come down the pole line and one of the FJ owners was laughing and pointing to the mud pit for me to tackle it. I got up close and said I will attempt it right after one of the FJ's try's it and their entire group laughed.
It was only 2pm and we decided to head down trail C. We checked out a few of the large climbs and then Jason and Tom decided they wanted to hit Yellow Jacket. They didnt call it by name, it was the trail climb that my XJ got denied on during the ADA and overheated. LOL.... I headed there and walked the same climb with the TJ like it was nothing. I got out and spotted Jason and just like last time he climbed it and raised the left front tire about 3 feet. Again, just like last time I missed the shot. Tom was next and he took the same line and his left front tire was about 4 feet in the air. I fortunately got that shot..
We headed out and ended at the comp course where I wanted to rti my jeep. As we approached a buggy was attempting the tire climb and got high sided and slide down in between the tires. As he was on his side his drive shaft came out and some how pulled off the radiator house. Jason came to his rescue and tried to winch him forward. After no success he went to the rear and I ended up hooking to him two.. After about 20 minutes and three winches he was off.
Tom and I rti'ed our jeeps and then we headed for the trailers.....

During the day on one of the trails we came up to a group where a yellow jeep was climbing a hill climb backwards. We watched for a minute and as i approached I noticed a MRR sticker on the windshield and hollered out to him. I asked his name and he replied Rick Ackerman. I explained who I was and about our new organiation and welcomed him check out new site and rejoin with us. Hopefully he and his group will check us out.. Tico, He said to say Hello.. If you have contact info lets try and get in touch...

Last edited by UpnOver on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:43 pm

Rausch Creek 4/11 Dsc01010
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:47 pm

Rausch Creek 4/11 Dsc01011
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:48 pm

Rausch Creek 4/11 Dsc01012
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:49 pm

Rausch Creek 4/11 Dsc01013
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:51 pm

Rausch Creek 4/11 Dsc01014
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:52 pm

Rausch Creek 4/11 Dsc01015
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:54 pm

Rausch Creek 4/11 Dsc01016
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:56 pm

Rausch Creek 4/11 Dsc01017
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 12:09 am

Sounds like I missed a hell of a good trip. Jason sent some pics to tease me earlier. I won't be able to play til may sometime. I have drill this coming weekend then a wedding then drill again. Maybe mid may is looking good.
Back to top Go down
jnjstj

jnjstj

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 11:35 pm

well matt i guess you did not have that pic of me with the front end up.you are fired i want tina to do my pic's lol. you did get some good pic's.well i guess i will have to go back and do it again so i can get a pic.you did a good write up on the day.can't wait tell next time
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Male Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:01 am

UpnOver wrote:
During the day on one of the trails we came up to a group where a yellow jeep was climbing a hill climb backwards. We watched for a minute and as i approached I noticed a MRR sticker on the windshield and hollered out to him. I asked his name and he replied Rick Ackerman. I explained who I was and about our new organiation and welcomed him check out new site and rejoin with us. Hopefully he and his group will check us out.. Tico, He said to say Hello.. If you have contact info lets try and get in touch...

I ran into him at the end on the day at the office. He was looking for gear oil cause he blew up his D35. I had a quart so I gave it to him. Hope he made it back ok.

Great pictures Matt. It was good to see you all, next time we will have to spend some more time wheel'n together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 6:12 pm

Great write up and great pics Matt! How do you remember all of those details?? As always I had a blast wheeling with you and Tina and Jason. Good to meet up with Chris and Pattey and the gang also!
Back to top Go down
ffhill61

ffhill61

Male Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Tom the rig looks AWESOME....I should have never looked at this thread. I want D44's and 35's....lol. Maybe this fall.
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:51 pm

Matt, stop by any time if you want a closer look; or better yet, let's meet up on the trails!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/11   Rausch Creek 4/11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rausch Creek 4/11
Page 1 of 1