Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let it Snow.....

Go down 
+4
JEEPERX
FallstonYJ
ffhill61
UpnOver
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Truck got some new sneakers today..........

Jeep is unloaded and ready to go.......... Dont mind the little drip drip of oil....... lol!

Where's the 24 inches?????????????
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
ffhill61

ffhill61

Male Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:27 pm

What "sneakers" did u put on the Duramax??

I hope this storm misses us....LOL
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Misses us.............are you kidding....................I'll take 2' or more hopefully!!!

LET IT SNOW / LET IT SNOW / LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:55 pm

Show us the new sneakers; not even going to make any Chevy comments!!
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Male Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:22 pm

I know you want it to snow. I saw the Black Knight sitting there on the way home.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:40 pm

First time I've started it since the blizzard before Christmas!
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Tried to get mine ready... took off the Rusty's Crap steering and then realized I needed new tie rod ends and Harford Napa did not have them so I had to wait... Now it is snowing and I can not steer the jeep...

Question about it though, the nut that tightens the adjustment sleeve to the end, is that a regular nut or something special? I must have tossed them with the old ends when I switched the steering over.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

That nut comes on the inner side when you buy it. I bet one of your techs has one or two sitting in their trays......

I have no pictures of the sneakers.. I ended up with BFG At KO's.. It was a very hard decision. I have been going back and forth for about three weeks trying to decide what to put on it.. I changed my mind ten times last night. Got to work and put one of the AT's and one of the new KM2's side by side in my office and sat there for some time and decided to go with OLD FAITHFUL.. I have had these on every truck I have had over the years..

I stayed with the 265's also... I have been reading too much about GM voiding warranty's with any modifications at all.. I paid too much for this truck and the 100k warranty to even hear a bit of crap about modifications..

We were out tonight and followed Tom home in his YJ.. I was again impressed with the BFG's and their traction.. 2wd pulls like the Bridgestone's in 4wd...

Let it snow... let it snow... Jeep is ready..............
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 10:51 am

I wish they made them in the "E" rating in my size... The Dynapro MT may be the ones I go for when I can...
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
CamoK5

Number of posts : 284

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:51 am

I went with the 285 Dynapro AT's because of the "E" rating have been very pleased with them.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:18 pm

one pass done and only one vehicle out so far guess which one the Jeep. My snow blower is just a little to small for this snow just coming over the top. round two in a couple of hours. and two cars to dig out yet. I love this stuff but I'm getting too old for this sh*t
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
CamoK5

Number of posts : 284

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:30 pm

Well got everything clear and have all the cars out. Got Dawn's YJ out last night and ran around for awhile. However I did break both shear pins on the snow blower because the oldest left a pry-bar in the driveway. Mad Kids got to love em. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Got the wife car out and the truck then I took the jeep for a spin. Not bad at all getting around did not try a untouch road. At Parkville high school some guy is high center on a hill going do to the ballfield.
Back to top Go down
ffhill61

ffhill61

Male Number of posts : 103

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanks for the info. Matt. Need to put new sneakers on my Duramax. I am leaning toward the BFG AT'S. I am tired of slipping and slidding around the farm with the crap tires that are on it. What load range should i get...I tow a cattle trailer (12000-17000 lbs) about once a month.

Matt
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Hope I can get my trailer out by the March Trip

Let it Snow..... Img_0810
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 12:49 am

I ran the d's on my 03 max... and always worried about the sideways... I went with the e's..

Chris T you really need to get your jeep fixed..... you are loosing it......

The jeep performed amazing........ I didnt take the Duramax out today..... I did get my dads stuck though.. Pretty bad too because its got 305 BFG mud terrains on it..

I went out this morning at 8 and went up to my ex wife's to see Cortney.. She is in a development that has a nasty hill.. I had the jeep jumping all the way up the hill.. I honestly didnt think it was gonna make it though... I took her back this afternoon at 5 and they still hadnt plowed and no one had been though there since I was there at 8am.. Everyone was diggin their cars out but there was no way they were moving..

All the neighbors thought I was nuts when i kept running thru the median of my street... It was pilled like six feet high and the jeep didnt even hesitate....... got love those 38 sx's........
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:26 pm

SHOW-OFF!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:33 pm

FallstonYJ wrote:
SHOW-OFF!!

lol!

I had to come back and give the bad news........

The Crush got stuck.

I know its hard to believe but it happens.. I been out for two days everywhere in the storm and I got it High sided right in front of my house.....

Had to get the Dirty Max to pull it out.

On top of it all the dam left front tire got down to mud and I got mud all over the Crush............... lol!

It was kind of funny though.. One of my older neighbors who I have never talked to about what we do with ours jeeps Hollered over when I was stuck.... "Its not like the rocks, is it"...........

I thought that was funny as crap....
Back to top Go down
BrittonOffRoad

BrittonOffRoad

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:35 pm

UpnOver wrote:
been out for two days everywhere in the storm and I got it High sided right in front of my house.....

Stop driving a low-rider...lol
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:51 pm

BrittonOffRoad wrote:
UpnOver wrote:
been out for two days everywhere in the storm and I got it High sided right in front of my house.....

Stop driving a low-rider...lol

I got your low rider...........

Just remember our bet ...... When you run Crawl Daddy I will run it in reverse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BrittonOffRoad

BrittonOffRoad

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:09 am

i thought if I run CD then you'll do Milkshake?...either way it'll be a good time. or I'll just break something...lol
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 5:16 pm

Thats ok...... I will stick to the HARD stuff and YOU stick to this...............

Let it Snow..... Mud110
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:57 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA rub one rub one Let it Snow..... 863218
Back to top Go down
Allium

Allium

Number of posts : 48

Let it Snow..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow.....   Let it Snow..... EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 9:19 pm