Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SNOW

Go down 
+7
antagonist84cj7
JKNurse79
Allium
mdcj7
ffhill61
UpnOver
natedogg_66
11 posters
AuthorMessage
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-02-03

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: SNOW   SNOW EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 12:28 pm

Well with snow that actually amounted to something. I must say that the JK handles really well in the snow. Even on the untouched roads. OH and when that dumb a$$ plow driver made a U turn in front of me. I did slide a little. But you know the little bit of knowledge I have picked up on the trails helps knowing how the jeep is going to act in slippery conditions
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: snow   SNOW EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 12:45 pm

Well some of us fools are stuck at work........... Evil or Very Mad

I came in at 6:30 and I was quite surprised at the quality of the roads.. My neighborhood was like powder and close to 8 inches..

I got to 40 and it was quite slick.. Not having much patience for people out with cars that shouldnt be out I passed quite a few down the road. Got to the hill on 40 before Daves cove rd which is quite steep and long and I gave the 6 cars in front of me some room to make it up the hill before I got there..

Well dumb aholes!!!!!!! If you slow down to 10mph of course you are gonna get stuck.. All six stopped on the hill..

Not me........I thought I was in a maze..... when i crested the hill not a single head light was behind me.....

Time to start really thinking about what tires to put on the Duramax..... Probably stick with old faithful BFG's...........
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
ffhill61

ffhill61

Male Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-02-04

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 2:37 pm

I FREAKING HATE SNOW...My truck needs tires. (put 20 cinder blocks in the bed to help out) I am thinking of putting BFG's on my Duramax as well. Well gotta go to work and deal with goof balls that get in accidents today.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 3:16 pm

this snow is great cheers been out twice now when in 4WD it's to easy been running around in 2WD much more fun. Did get it completly sideways in 4WD and still getting it. Snow blower is paying off after a 3year wait for a good snow to use it.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 6:23 pm

just got done round 2 with the snow blower SNOW Icon_cheers round three will be just as deep SNOW Affraid
Back to top Go down
Allium

Allium

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-02-04

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Beautiful day! My street barely touched. Headed to Meade but got turned around, hit bass pro since my boots split, then to grocery store for flour (cant have choc chip cookies without flour) then hit liquer store for some absinthe. Too many morons in thier sedans in a ditch. Dogs having a blast with snow over top. No problems backing into an unplowed spot. No excuses for missing work on monday tho. Now tomorrows shoveling will be a bitch but if we had more open spots... well they should have plowed arundel mills better - couldnt see the curbs! Really wish I could go snowing with Paul - I know how he likes this stuff!
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Male Number of posts : 232

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 6:47 pm

It is killing me right now. My wife is stuck at work. I want so bad to take JR out. But being as Jr is my wife's first child she wants to see he in the snow for the first time. The taking him out for a road trip she is more scared of the other assholes out there then my driving so. Now I am snowed in. To add to my earlier post my father in law sat here long enough for me to run the wife to work then he was off to plow some of the lot at work. So now I am stuck here. DAMN
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 8:10 pm

Allium wrote:
Really wish I could go snowing with Paul - I know how he likes this stuff!

your right Gill I love driving in this stuff. Cant wait for the Jan.2 should still be plenty of snow up at rausch. but I have about 2' of snow on the trailer I have to remove just to get the jeep on it. SNOW Lol
Back to top Go down
JKNurse79

JKNurse79

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-04-01

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 8:36 pm

mdcj7 wrote:
Allium wrote:
Really wish I could go snowing with Paul - I know how he likes this stuff!

your right Gill I love driving in this stuff. Cant wait for the Jan.2 should still be plenty of snow up at rausch. but I have about 2' of snow on the trailer I have to remove just to get the jeep on it. SNOW Lol

I can't wait for the snow run on the 2nd either so I can finally play in my Jeep, but atleast I don't have to clean off a trailer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

Male Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-12-16

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:46 am

Saturday was a successful maiden voyage for the lockers in the snow, and after making it to work today with the only problem being the couple other cars sliding around the side streets, the scoreboards are looking good:

Jeep 2, Snow 0 cheers
Back to top Go down
JKNurse79

JKNurse79

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-04-01

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 1:19 pm

I do need a trailer for the Jeep. On my way up to Baltimore either the transfer case or trans went out. POS luckily only stuck on the side of the road for 35 min. Now waiting for dad to pick us up to get the Chevy.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 6:24 pm

That thing needs to go back to the dealer and tell them to shove it.....

I can see things going out when they get abused but that is ridiculous..................

The Crush impressed me even more.. The SX's are awesome in the snow.. I ran around last night in 2wd..... Today I parked it in a six foot pile of snow in the medium strip of the road while I used the snow blower on the driveway. Couple of jeeps stopped to check it out.... Possible new members.

I did break the door handle.. Something let loose inside and wont release the lock.. I seem to recall a few writeups on this issue but I have to find them.. Im sure the master tech of Fallston Fab will know the fix or figure it out..

Never made it up to Fallston Fab last night to play with the boys.. Last I heard Tom, Chris, Tommy and Ron were out playing with the jeeps and 4 wheelers. We had a bunch of people over and the Duramax got to play all night too picking up people and food...I need to put some shoes on the Duramax.. I was alittle worried about it before I left work but I didnt have any issues at all..
Back to top Go down
BrittonOffRoad

BrittonOffRoad

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-04-28

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm

UpnOver wrote:

The Crush impressed me even more.. The SX's are awesome in the snow.. I ran around last night in 2wd..... Today I parked it in a six foot pile of snow in the medium strip of the road while I used the snow blower on the driveway. Couple of jeeps stopped to check it out.... Possible new members.

When do I get my "parts" back?
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 9:43 pm

Still in my truck.. didnt even use them......... lol!
Back to top Go down
Grateful Red
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
Grateful Red

Male Number of posts : 112

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 2:08 pm

What a blast on Sat.! Picked my Jeep up on Friday from Bosley just in time for the snow. My rear locker got shredded at the last comp so I put a spool in it (Thanks to Matt for the vote). Ran some errands during the day in the Jeep then headed over to Tom's for some 4wheelin! Jumped on our ATV's and headed up to Fallston High School to tear around in the fields. Then headed down Mtn. Road to a buddy's house and he joined us with his ATV. Spun on down to 7-11 for some beer then back to our buddy's for some good ol' BS'in....oh yeah..we cooked up some pepperoni over top the propane stove...(now that's livin......the red neck way! SNOW 173155 Headed back home later that night by tearing up the back roads all the way.......we felt like we were 16 again....what a day....don't know the next time we will get to have a day like that.......come on more snow cheers santa

SNOW Img_3111

SNOW Img_3211

SNOW Img_3212

SNOW Img_3213
Back to top Go down
http://lloyder05.blogspot.com/
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 4:52 pm

Allright now I am definitely tagging the jeep and then putting a rack on the back to carry my new 4 wheeler (have to buy it first) on to get to Fallston Fab..

Not that I didnt have a great time with our friends.. but its just not the same as OLD SCHOOL OFFROADING fun...
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
The Devil Dog

Male Number of posts : 246

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:29 pm

I can see you guy had a ball out there. great pictures too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ticothedevildog.com/
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 9:17 pm

As usual Chris you always do a great job of recapping things. Great fun with Great friends..............and great pics too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW Empty

Back to top Go down

SNOW
Page 1 of 1