Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New members

Go down 
+2
UpnOver
FallstonYJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

New members Empty
PostSubject: New members   New members EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 12:45 am

I think it would be a good thing if new members were required(?) to post up in the "New Members" section to introduce themselves before they begin posting elsewhere. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

New members Empty
PostSubject: re   New members EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 12:52 am

I have changed the sign on requirements to where I have to approve the new member before they can post. I did this because of some spamming and obvious hacking we have experienced the last few weeks.

I had thought about sending a email to the person prior to approving the registration but I didnt want to stop people from joining the forum.

Maybe a short email to the person welcoming them and asking them to make one of their initial posts to be in the New Member section would work out.

Thoughts from members and board???

Thanks for the idea Tom..
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

New members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members   New members EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:13 am

I don't think asking a new member to introduce themselves first in the new members section is out of line or over burdensome. I have joined several forums where an introduction is required before you post. If a person truly wants to be a part of who we are, why would they have a problem introducing themselves??
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2009-02-03

New members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members   New members EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 7:55 pm

Long long ago, Tico help me with my memory? We would have some meet with us at the deli by Tico's house and maybe even wheel with us just to see if we liked them. It was almost like an interview process. I think only one new member was not invited to join????

We were not real picky, hell I made it. But we did not want the club sticker on the news stuck wheeling on a power line or just giving bad PR.

I can remember a meet and greet at the Deli by Tico's, and we all discussed the member, who I could not even remember.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

New members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members   New members EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:01 pm

That was the first time I met everyone also at the deli..

I do like the idea of wheeling/club function before asking for dues... We are not about the money but the friendship....

I think its about time for a quarterly meeting. Lets start thinking about these ideas and I will call a meeting right after school starts.. Usually vacations and family functions calm down and it will be better for more members to attend...

Good point... Mr Secretary........ clap
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Male Number of posts : 232

New members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members   New members EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:38 pm

I would love to have some sort of meeting or just a hang and bs time. I feel so bad I have not been out with you guys. I am also sorry the club cook out here never happened this summer. It has been a whirlwind here this summer.
Back to top Go down
Screwfly

Screwfly

Male Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-04-24

New members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members   New members EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:48 pm

As a new forum member, I don't think it's too much to ask to introduce yourself in the new member section. I think it's a great way to try to get to know someone.

As far as becoming a club member, I (personally) want to get out on the trails with you guys first and make sure it's for me. I am looking forward to popping the cherry on my Jeep.

I think get togethers and/or meetings would be cool too. I would attend, as long my work schedule will allow. Heck, I'd even offer my place if we needed somewhere.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

New members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members   New members EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:28 pm

Before the weather breaks I will invite everyone over.. Maybe this time it wont rain....
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
The Devil Dog

Male Number of posts : 246

New members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members   New members EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 11:06 pm

Well, I think is a good idea to know people before they join, like in the beginning, I met everyone face to face, or rode with them to check their attitutes. Maybe having a meeting outside the trails or homes may be good too. Like getting together and having a small cook out of hotdogs and burgers, Members bring the core meads, club puts up the fixings and sodas. We can do this are area parks like the one on 152 or cetralize it to the membership. Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ticothedevildog.com/
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318

New members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members   New members EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:19 pm

No big parties here my neighbors are being the Azz. Dont worry I am striking back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members   New members Empty

Back to top Go down

New members
Page 1 of 1