Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lynn's comment on KOH at rausch

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Lynn's comment on KOH at rausch Empty
PostSubject: Lynn''s comment on KOH at rausch   Lynn's comment on KOH at rausch EmptySat May 16, 2009 8:57 pm

We missed alot...

So what was your favorite moment from the race?

I can think of several. And they all involve people I've come to know and admire for their competitive spirit. To see them in action against some of the East Coast's finest to earn the right to go to California was incredible.

The start itself was enough to take your breath away. All the planning Bruce did. and after several teams took off, to turn and see him with the hugest smile ever was priceless.

Katrina Bigelow hiking from to and from the pits all the way to Bunny's rig with a battery hardpack AND an alternator in her backpack. And then running across the forest to another obstacle to help Doug. Bunny and Katrina won Quadratec's sportmenship award for the help they gave to others out there on Trail 5 hillclimb.

Seeing a mud-covered driver hiking with a full tire and hi-lift all the way from the pits to the road course, and then turn to find out it was Doug Bigelow. And after all that time that took he still finished in the top to go to KOH 2010.

Can't say enough about Clayton. Once it became clear that the course was a lot harder than everyone thought, and to see him and Will Carter duke it out was amazing.

Now for the hardluck stories. It's almost painful to not have Eugene, Bunny, Lou, and Tim/Rob make the cut. But I'm pretty confident plans are already underway to improve their rigs to be Rausch Creek certified.

And what might be the most memorable moment. The guy who had the chance to make the last spot for the cut. I don't know if I have all the facts right, but he came through the final comp course, and lost forward gears, so he was going backwards, flipped on the concrete, and Dave announced to all the other competitors, hey it's okay to go help a fellow competitor, but the spectators couldn't. So everyone made a mad dash from the dinner tent over to the concrete and got him through the finish.

I didn't make it to a lot of the course, so I'm sure there's more memorable moments, we'd like to hear about them.
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com

Lynn's comment on KOH at rausch
Page 1 of 1