Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what did you do to your Jeep today

Go down 
+10
PuddleJumper
JKNurse79
CamoK5
antagonist84cj7
crazyjimmy
Screwfly
jnjstj
The Devil Dog
UpnOver
mdcj7
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-02-03

what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:44 pm

put all new ujoints in the front driveshaft today on the LJ. Rebuild a double cardan joint for the first time something else on my I did it list.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: re   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Here's what we did on the Rockhauler today.......

what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 Dd_00310
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:59 am

Well................it's going to be kinda tuff to wheel with that thing at RC but those crabs sure do look good!!!!
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:09 pm

FallstonYJ wrote:
Well................it's going to be kinda tuff to wheel with that thing at RC but those crabs sure do look good!!!!

No sweat.......... I got the Black Knight and Grateful Red for my riding pleasures right now.........

Im looking........ Everything is either junk or super high dollar.......
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 6:45 pm

worked on the CJ to get it ready for our Harlen trip. Change my leaking tire put a new one on. replaced a bad bushing on the front leaf spring. check all the fluids on the jeep did not like the looks of the front diff so I change that. Greased all ujoints and pack up my tools. So the Jeep is ready for Harlen can't wait. All I need to do now is go over the trailer.
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

Male Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:01 am

Rebuilt the rear on Red... for anyone rebuilding a Dana 80 in the future USE A LIFT... the posi center section, with the ring gear mounted to it weighs about 90 lbs. Then I broke the headlight retaining clips, and headlight switch on the jeep... I thought the repair list was supposed to get shorter once you started working on things... No
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
CamoK5

Number of posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Installed the winch & winch mount, repacked front wheels bearings, installed new front hubs, installed PS cooler. Still need to bleed steering, change fuel filter, install lube locker gaskets on front & rear axles. Then it's time for the trailer prep, change the oil in the truck and install the Banks Speed Brake.
Back to top Go down
Laker94YJ

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-05-31

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:14 am

got my g3 front tube flares and tub gaurds now waiting on rear full corner gaurds
what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 Front_10
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Pulled the front diff out of the CJ5 yesterday. Wheels are finally in motion!
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 6:30 am

Picked up the rear springs for the CJ7. F250 rears should do nicely. :)
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:07 am

Are you gonna get any flex with 250 springs in the CJ
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:54 am

crazyjimmy wrote:

I will when I cut them in half. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:04 am

antagonist84cj7 wrote:
crazyjimmy wrote:

are you doing a 1/4-elliptical suspension ?
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:54 am

mdcj7 wrote:
antagonist84cj7 wrote:
crazyjimmy wrote:

Yes! I picked up a set of '94 F250 springs, and I'm going to get some Johnny Joints and DOM soon.
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:52 am

Picked up a starter and solinoid for the 5. It's not much, but maybe it'll pursuade me to get the axle back under the front of it...
Back to top Go down
meangreen

meangreen

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:11 pm

antagonist84cj7 wrote:
mdcj7 wrote:
antagonist84cj7 wrote:
crazyjimmy wrote:

Yes! I picked up a set of '94 F250 springs, and I'm going to get some Johnny Joints and DOM soon.

I guess you dont want them Fox air chocks? what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 904859
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:22 pm

meangreen wrote:
I guess you dont want them Fox air chocks? what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 904859

Yes I do! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:18 am

Cut out my boat side plates, and dressed them up. It's getting to be cool enough to work on the old girl.
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:27 pm

Got the front springs and diff out of the 7 and under the 5. I'm one broken bolt away from having the front end done! cheers
Back to top Go down
JKNurse79

JKNurse79

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:51 am

Dropped it off at the shop to get the fluids changed, tires rotated and the under belly checked to make sure nothing is loose or broken. I wanted to take it wheeling in October so I figured I better get it ready. I also researched a snorkel :)
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Got the rear out of the 7 & 5 and much to my dismay, in order to replace the brake hoses on the rear I will have to replace all of the hard lines, so I guess no serious flexing this coming trip... Also got a new starter and solenoid on the 5, charged the battery, and... she's running on about 3 cylinders... No ...so we'll see...
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:03 pm

fixed the rear diff leak today. Good thing I did deadhorse deadhorse deadhorse I found out I had no linings on the brake shoes. I know my brakes were not the greatest but this makes them suck even more. need to fine out why I just useing the rear brakes to stop with.
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:57 am

Got the 5 running on more than 2 cylinders! I'm surprised it ran at all with 6 fouled spark plugs and a 1" vacuum leak... Axles are in, brakes are bled, engine is running, and the Jeep is driving!
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Helped Husky John drop his t-case, only to find that the trans and t-case were both full of soft serve ice cream... Guess a fluid flush is on the schedule for the CJ5. With any luck I'll be headed up next weekend to get my new axles for the CJ7!
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:30 am

Picked up the axles for the 7 from PA, finally. Stopped by the junkyard and got some rollers. Found 3 full sets of lift springs laying around the garage, now I've got a stock set, and a 1", 2", and 4" set of springs! Good week!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

what did you do to your Jeep today
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next