Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what did you do to your Jeep today

Go down 
+10
PuddleJumper
JKNurse79
CamoK5
antagonist84cj7
crazyjimmy
Screwfly
jnjstj
The Devil Dog
UpnOver
mdcj7
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 9:57 pm

mdcj7 wrote:
UpnOver wrote:
Bet you cant guess what I did with my jeep today.........

No fair to Tom, Tico or Lloyd.. they already know......

sold it lol!

if Tico knows then you traded him crush for his jeep lol!

lol! I dont think the trade would of worked.. but

Yes the Crush is in Arkansas now......

Looking for the new rig now.......... checked out one in Richmond Saturday but havent made my mind up......

Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:22 am

ok everyone no more picking on Mat about his rig. if it gets dirty or dented, its ok.

He sold the last one thast got dented, must have been way too much peer presure.

I think there is a support group: SAD, Scratched and Dented. They have a hugs for muddy rugs and a hugs dependers for bent fenders.

all teasing aside, hope you find what you are looking for.

Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:09 am

Its all Tom's and Chris Lloyd's fault........

I was content until the peer pressure from Chris Lloyd to climb every possible trail in the world and then Tom goes and bends up my fender...

V... A... D... D...

Vehicle attention deficent disorder!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Why did you end up selling it? Looked like a fairly built rig? Are you trying to go bigger or smaller?
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:33 pm

PuddleJumper wrote:
Why did you end up selling it? Looked like a fairly built rig? Are you trying to go bigger or smaller?

Yeah it was fairly built....... lol!

I have this problem that I get tired of rigs too fast.. I am on my 7th rig in 5 years.. Including a full tube chassis buggy.

Looking around now... Either a buggy or atleast 60's/14 bolt in a jeep..

Checked this out Saturday but I am still thinking it over......

what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 Dscn1410

Back to top Go down
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Looks clean. what does it have? I see the 60's? full cage, comp cut, coilovers, full hydro and winch with synthetic line. what does it have for gearing/engine/trans/ t-case? Atlas I would assume if someone went that far with a rubicon. Man you jeep guys got some money to spend! lol!
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Money............. whats that................

I thought these green things were supposed to be given away as fast as you can make them..........

35 spline... Atlas... 39 iroks...

Its a very built rig but the cage isnt what I thought it should of been, cage/seat design is very strange... been sitting outside without a top.. which he has but it hasnt been on.. cant figure that out..

basically he is young guy who's parents own a Dodge/Jeep dealership in Richmond and it appears he wasnt worried about money building it .

The tub is alittle scratched but nothing major..

If he drops to were I want I will buy it, redo the cage and clean it up and it will be a beast.. but definitely a trailer queen.. cant bend the rules this far this time..
Back to top Go down
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:37 pm

wait.....you want a completly built rig and worry if the tub is scratched a little? LOL What level trails are you looking to do with this thing? Why not buy two rigs, one Hardcore and the other you can go conquer the mall parking lots with? or are you going for the Yea thats a bad ass jeep, it "could" do all the trails up at RC.... scratch Jeep guys... guess ill never understand lol!
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

Male Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:59 pm

UpnOver wrote:

I have this problem that I get tired of rigs too fast.. I am on my 7th rig in 5 years.. Including a full tube chassis buggy.

Sounds like you need to take a page out of Jimmy's book, and the more bored you get, the heavier you get on the skinny peddle! lol!
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:01 pm

PuddleJumper wrote:
wait.....you want a completly built rig and worry if the tub is scratched a little? LOL What level trails are you looking to do with this thing? Why not buy two rigs, one Hardcore and the other you can go conquer the mall parking lots with? or are you going for the Yea thats a bad ass jeep, it "could" do all the trails up at RC.... scratch Jeep guys... guess ill never understand lol!

When you get your sami done we will play follow the leader..................................

Read some threads before you open a can of ass whippin your Sami wont be able to handle......

Not all of our group runs greens and blues........ Not saying there's anything wrong with that either......but a few of us dont give up easy..........and just because I like them clean doesnt mean I wont put a 39 inch tire on your hood while I pass either......

what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 863218

Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:05 pm

antagonist84cj7 wrote:
UpnOver wrote:

Sounds like you need to take a page out of Jimmy's book, and the more bored you get, the heavier you get on the skinny peddle! lol!

Jimmy knows I leave the mud to him.............

We play where the Newbies pull over and watch...........

Id give the shirt off my back to Jimmy but I aint about to give him the driver's seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:42 pm

PuddleJumper wrote:

For a jeep hating guy you got a really cool avatar........

Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:43 pm

What's up with "Snow White"?? lol!

Just kiddin buddy; any news?
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:09 am

I made him a offer.. Havent heard back yet...

Thats the new name if I buy it............. "Snow White"

You know it fits our Mall Krawling style.........................................

Checking out trailer's now... I asked him to measure the outside width of the tires.. It definitely is gonna have to be a deck over this time...

I think I am gonna pull the entire cage and have Bosley do the same cage as the Crush but taller this time.. I will do the tin top with the metal I have at your house.. There should be plenty for Chris's rig and the "SNOW WHITE"....

Back to top Go down
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:59 am

LOL man sounds like I hit a nerve.. haha didnt mean to, just kind of made it sound like this rig was going to see more pavement then trail. All I was thinkin is man thats a shame. good to hear your willing to push it. Dont really know anyone on this fourm or met you guys so I figure ill bust your balls a little bit and hopefully you will prove me wrong. lol!

And trust me, you buy a rig like that, I could try to play follow the leader, but if your any kind of wheeler Id be left behind. ha I might talk a little trash but im no dummy. That rig you put up is one mighty fine piece. It looks like a lot of hard work, time and money went into that thing.. The only thing im trying to accomplish with my sami is to impress myself. push my own limits. Trust me, I know my sami is no piece of art or by far a KOH rig...but im pretty sure with a little trial and error it will get the job done.

oh and looks like someone has tapped into their moderator abilities. I think ill leave it until the sami is complete. I mean come on.. it is a JK after all so it HAS to be beast lol!
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:22 am

Mat said
"Jimmy knows I leave the mud to him.............

We play where the Newbies pull over and watch...........

Id give the shirt off my back to Jimmy but I aint about to give him the driver's seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

we have all learned to drive slow, I have a lot of frustration to vent and stomping the skinny pedal does alot of deguasing. Some one said it along time ago..... You will never see a muddy Jeep infront of a psyc or counselor's office. I grew up in Missouri Ozarks, mud pits and tractor pulls are what I was raised on.

Oh sorry, Mat that Jeep looks nice, scratches give plausable deniability. Dont be worried about any new scratches, just let it chunk. Slow and Rocks are cool, I am just to ADHD to go slow.

Friends dont let friends let Jimmy drive their rev limiter. ha ha
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: re   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:38 am

Its all good here.. No nerves hit..

I am used to hearing about my shiny rig and how much wax is on them....

At the end of the day they all know who came to play...and who sat on the sidelines....

OH and whats this about moderator abilities... ME??? I would never do anything like that would I.............. I earned this moderator abilities about two years ago now.. Ask any of the old school raiders what it takes to get them.......... lol! lol!

I will change it back to a blank avatar or I can use your Mall Krawlin picture of flexing your rig if thats cool.. Just let me know..

Back to top Go down
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:12 am

wait wait.. you wax your rig too? ....nvm nvm ill stop lol!

And there I changed it. Thats one of my favorite pics from when the sami was little. I broke a rear Ujoint so I was in front wheel drive with an open diff trying to make it back to the campsite at gore... Never been to gore they said "yea its easy to get back", somehow made a wrong turn and went all the way across the other side of the property. finally got stuck and when the dude on the left came with his highly built XJ (HRC president) he goes well lets just tow you off this log... well apparently he was illinformed on not being able to pull a sami slightly sideways.. TIMBER! and flop.. lol it was an interesting expierence to say the least. some other guys from the club met back up with us and we just picked up.... OH how I miss the small sami days.

Oh.. and I dont ever plan to sit on the sidelines.. You wont know if you cant make it until your upside down! lol!
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 7:21 am

all joking aside Mat did have a nice looking rig, Crush was different looking. At this time in the Ecomony it is good that anyone can wheel. Money is tight, I even washed my rig, I dont own wax but I did oil the winch and presure wash the inside.

Since My 2008 Dodge is a worthless heap and can not tow it self (insert 3 transmissions story). And Since Tim has Joined the Navy, I am thinking about making the Wagon a Tow Rig, Electric windows and seats and air conditioning, just need a hitch, and a cool evening or two to weld it up.

Fare well to Crush, welcome Cotton Ball
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:31 pm

This weekend:

Saturday

Drove Tim's wagoneer to the gas station, left on empty and light on, as I pulled up to the pump, it popped a radiator hose. it will wait.

Helped a buddy replace the rusted 4 link on his 1999 Expedition, rear axle spun and mangled drive shaft and other stuff. Of couse it made it's debut, while he was pulling his boat out of the water.
That took all Saturday, drive shaft still Canx, the part from ford was wrong, they even used his VIN #. go figure

Sunday
Repaired and realigned the Gas pick up in the tank of the CJ7. Put the tank back in and now it runs on a galon of gas in the tank instead of running out at approx. a half of a tank.

Nosy Neighbors walked their dog past many times, even sometimes a double trip around the block. Look on the bright side, at least they walk the dog more when I am in the garage working.
Back to top Go down
JKNurse79

JKNurse79

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:13 pm

Enjoyed driving it all day!!!! It now needs a bath but I am too lazy to do it. Maybe when it cools down a bit.
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:08 am

been a while since I posted:
I was planning to do the bed liner this weekend. As with all plans, it did not happen. Cut the grass, trimmed the shrubs, edged, fertalized the yard, cleaned out the cracks in the side walk, and cleaned the garage and did laundry on Sunday

Saturday I worked on the CJ7. I fixed the torque arm bushing on the transmission mount. Changed all oils and filers. Worked on the doors some. I found many excuses to drive around.

Monday I worked on Tim's Wagoneer. Now has Windshield squirters agan, and over flow bottle, and new heater hose for the one that popped last week at the Gas station. (Tim wnet to boot camp and left th Jeep below empty) worked on some of the wiring that got trashed because of the headers, worked on the horn and got no where. Put in the front drive shaft which involved taking the trans crossmember out. Looked into parking brake situation, with the larger axles and lift, the original Parking Brake cable are too short to fit the pre welded mounts, Will have to engineer a new way of running these cables. I willl most likely rip out most of the polution on this one, I have a new MSD box sitting in basement, smog stuff half removed, will complete this soon also.

Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 2:48 pm

brazing in the holes and riveted panels, tried mig'ing them. I am not talented enough to mig thin metal. Flux coated brass rods are only 13 bucks a tube, but of course I just ran out. Off to Roberts I go.

I sure hope the bed liner is easier
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:22 pm

crazyjimmy wrote:
brazing in the holes and riveted panels, tried mig'ing them. I am not talented enough to mig thin metal. Flux coated brass rods are only 13 bucks a tube, but of course I just ran out. Off to Roberts I go.

I sure hope the bed liner is easier

all this free time you have now I'll send mine down there for some work lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:23 am

Just put it behind the wagoneer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what did you do to your Jeep today   what did you do to your Jeep today - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

what did you do to your Jeep today
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next