Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom95YJ

Tom95YJ

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) Empty
PostSubject: Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only)   Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:48 pm

I went with the wife yesterday to look at a new to us Grand Cherokee for her to use as a DD and I can use it as Tow rig for wheeling trips. We found a Patriot blue WJ Limited 4.7 with all the bells and whistles for a decent price . We had picked it up She has already agreed that We will tow the YJ to and from the trails from now on , And I HAVE to upgrade my cage. Once I get my cage upgraded I think I'll take on orange crush when I wheel at Rausch again next spring. That is if Matt still has it then lol! j/k Crush would destroy me ! But I will attempt to try more stuff than I already do since I would not have to drive it home , That and I aquired a DD before I came to Tx so I the Jeep can sit if I break it.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only)   Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Your driving and a capable rig makes me think I should wear a helmet when with you......... affraid
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only)   Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:02 pm

are you going to flat tow it or get a trailer. A trailer and the jeep is going to be alot for a GC to tow and Yes I have seen people do it.
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Male Number of posts : 232

PostSubject: Re: Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only)   Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:23 pm

I towed my mother in laws liberty from dundalk to bel air with the jk. Man was the jk not happy but did really well. I think its days of towing anything that big is done. I think i will stick to the 4x8 trailers now.
Back to top Go down
Tom95YJ

Tom95YJ

PostSubject: Re: Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only)   Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 11:34 pm

mdcj7 wrote:
are you going to flat tow it or get a trailer. A trailer and the jeep is going to be alot for a GC to tow and Yes I have seen people do it.

I'll be using an Aluminum trailer with brakes. The weight of my YJ and an aluminum trailer are under the max tow rating by a 1,200 lbs . I dont like the Idea of Flat towing, or using car dollys. I wanted the 07' Duramax they had but she said no. But I'l have my Duramax within a few years if not a Cummins .

Matt , I will be wearing a helmet and using a 5pt harness if the YJ gets taken off the road and used for trail duty only :devil:

Here's Pics of the WJ I did find out today that it has the upcountry package also:

Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) L_d1d394d64e3a4de5a4e2d1ab02e81800
Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) L_64ac99fa8d0e486a8c5f18d2248eb2e3
Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) L_3f4abfcf0e964c95a4e6f83b422b46ac
Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) L_04ef6a7da3174654a0b72ff0bcfff24f
Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) L_6652f8a577414925aed9bc385cd74a1b
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only)   Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:39 am

looks good cheers are you going to lift it?
Back to top Go down
Tom95YJ

Tom95YJ

PostSubject: Re: Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only)   Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:22 am

mdcj7 wrote:
looks good cheers are you going to lift it?

Yes it'll be lifted a little, We are just going to do a Rubicon Express Budget Boost since it already has the Upcountry package. I landed a job at 4Wheel Parts here in Texas so I'll have to see how much it is with my discount. It will also have rock sliders from Kevins Offroad before it ever see's the trails
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only)   Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:26 pm

I currnetly flat tow with an under powered pickup, just be carefull and dont try to hot rod it. lead with extra space and try to go when the trafic is low.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only)   Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only) Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I take the YJ off the Road (Trail Rig only)
Page 1 of 1