Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monday, Sept. 14

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Monday, Sept. 14 Empty
PostSubject: Monday, Sept. 14   Monday, Sept. 14 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:49 pm

Come on Matt, where is your post trail play by play???????

There are some things you can leave out if you wish! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom95YJ

Tom95YJ

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Monday, Sept. 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday, Sept. 14   Monday, Sept. 14 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:45 pm

Did Orange Crush get stuck, break, or get scratched up again ?

Was it those darn Swampers, We all know Matt Loved those Creepy Crawlers that were on the XJ
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Monday, Sept. 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday, Sept. 14   Monday, Sept. 14 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Monday, Sept. 14 Dsc01210

After all the comments I hear and read about my obsession with keeping the Crush clean and waxed, I can honestly say that FallstonYJ is one man that likes his tools and toys taken care of a certain way.. With that said this past Monday we ran Crawl Daddy and both of us left the trail with some trail scars.

This was my second attempt on this trail. Last year Grateful Red and I were the first to run this trail. Halfway through the trail i was high sided on a very large rock obstacle and crushed my trans pan. It ended in three hours of winching the jeep off the trail.

In planning this Monday trip I asked Tom, Chris and Adam if we could run the trail again. Chris and Adam decided to park at the bottom and help Tom and I through the trail.

My buddy Todd was right seating this time and we headed out to conquer the trail. I have been having alot of conversations over on the Rausch forum about this trail being bushwacked and stacked since we had attempted it. Right from the beginning I noticed how wide the trail had ended up.

There are four main obstacles along this trail. The first is a off camber drop into two creeks that will wake you up right away. The very next obstacle is one that we struggled on last time.

This time out Adam actually was about to spot me right past this obstacle because it had been bushwacked by rigs who could not make the obstacle. I ended up backing up to take the line we struggled on last time..It was well worth the try. After alittle bit of a pucker facker with the Crush feeling like it was about to roll to its passenger side at any moment i managed to make the climb and through the gate.

Tom was next and lined up to take the same line.. He ended up getting almost to the passing point and continued to just spin his tires. He was not about to give up.. At one point i remember stating he has more nerve than me because he was in the same point of almost rolling and he wasnt about to give up. His manual clutch made the attempts alittle more nerve racking when he was trying to get momentum. He also made the gate and we were off to the next obstacle.

Next was a rock pile that visually looked like a cakewalk to rigs of our caliper.. Well after multiple attempts and some of them full throttle due to my aggravation. I gave up and took the easy way around.

Tom tried the same climb and didnt give up as easy.. After about 20 minutes of trying he got into a position where he was wedged up against a tree. Unfortunately he couldnt get away without any more damage..

At that point I walked up the trail alittle further not knowing what the outcome of the body damage was.. I was quite sure Mr. Tom was gonna be quite upset.. He definitely fooled me and even though he was definitely not happy he handled the situation very well.

We made the next obstacles and we were off the trail...
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Monday, Sept. 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday, Sept. 14   Monday, Sept. 14 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:03 pm

Monday, Sept. 14 Dsc01211

We ran some great trails the next few hours on the West property. Chris Taylor did most of the trail guiding and I dont recall every trail but it was a great time.

We ended up on the pole line and after all the talk from Adam about running the mud holes I instigated him into the mud hole next to the 5 ft hole. I had no idea this hole was so deep.. Well, I felt bad when Adam made it about 3 feet and was going no further. Tom ended up winching him out and after 10 minutes the water stopped running out of his jeep. Adam did have to rescue a very large frog from inside his jeep.

We started off to another trail and Adam's jeep did not want to cooperate. He had water in his tank.. We ended up leaving his jeep and continuing to wheel for awhile..

I asked if we could run trail 5 at the top of the pole line. Tom, Jason and I had attempted it during the winter but backed out due to the slick rock that time of the year.

This time I really enjoyed the trail and cant wait to run it again......

We played around on the rock gardens back on trail 5 and then I attempted to see if I could make the slick rock on the trail 5 hill climb.. I got a good start but I just could not get traction to make the climb.. They insisted that I needed to drop my air pressure down alot but I didnt try it being late in the day.. Next time out we will see what I can do..

I really enjoyed this run again on Monday and cant wait for the next one..

I did find a oil leak at my drain plug when loading the jeep up.. so more work to be done prior to the next run..

Thanks Tom, Chris, Adam and Todd for a great day.. Dinner at the Goose was a good ending of a great trip..

Monday, Sept. 14 Dsc01212

Monday, Sept. 14 Dsc01213
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Monday, Sept. 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday, Sept. 14   Monday, Sept. 14 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:11 pm

I have some video's from Crawl Daddy that I need to upload and remove some of the language on them.. Adrenaline gets you to say some pretty nasty curse words... lol!
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Monday, Sept. 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday, Sept. 14   Monday, Sept. 14 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:55 pm

Nice job as usual Matt; thanks for a great day on the trails! beers

Send me some pics if you have some of us on Crawldaddy.

Picking up 2 new fenders tomorrow morning!!

Now I need a new hood...................
Back to top Go down
BrittonOffRoad

BrittonOffRoad

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Monday, Sept. 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday, Sept. 14   Monday, Sept. 14 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:20 am

Awesome day!!! Tomorrow I should be getting my Jeep back down here. That was a great last trail ride for Unleashed in it's present form. I can't wait to get out again after the upgrade.
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Monday, Sept. 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday, Sept. 14   Monday, Sept. 14 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:08 am

I know I was pretty impressed with what you did with your rig in it's present form...............can't wait to see what you can do with it when you are finished the build! affraid
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Monday, Sept. 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday, Sept. 14   Monday, Sept. 14 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:13 pm