Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just signed up today

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ELEV8ED JK

ELEV8ED JK

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Just signed up today Empty
PostSubject: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:54 am

Just wanted to say Hi and thanks for having me. I look forward to meeting everyone at some place in time... Peace!
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
CamoK5

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Welcome, glad to have you aboard.

Mark
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:17 pm

welcome to the fourm we are getting more JK's
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:18 pm

I have seen your jeep a few times the past week.. I live on Towne Center Drive and had the Orange TJ that sat out front.. Welcome to the club...
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
ELEV8ED JK

ELEV8ED JK

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:27 am

UpnOver wrote:
I have seen your jeep a few times the past week.. I live on Towne Center Drive and had the Orange TJ that sat out front.. Welcome to the club...

Yes I've seen that Orange MONSTER sitting in the center island of Towne Center many time's. Almost stopped a few times to check that thing out but didnt wanta get shot!! I have lived in J-towne all my life....Next time i'm over your way I'll stop and take a look at it. WAIT? did you say you "had" the Orange TJ?
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:47 am

ELEV8ED JK wrote:

Yes I've seen that Orange MONSTER sitting in the center island of Towne Center many time's. Almost stopped a few times to check that thing out but didnt wanta get shot!! I have lived in J-towne all my life....Next time i'm over your way I'll stop and take a look at it. WAIT? did you say you "had" the Orange TJ?

If you see a Jeep at his house you want to stop at that time. Jeeps don't last long there lol! But on the good side if you realy like the jeep sitting in his driveway they are alway for sale and you could buy it. Just signed up today 173155
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:17 am

Paul has a point there..........

I did sell the Orange Crush and its in Arkansas now...

I tend to go thru rigs alittle too quick for these guys likings.... lol!

I am on the look for something new now... Probably go back to a buggy this winter...

The next few months we will be concentrating on the Grateful Red and getting ready for the RcRoc's comp in 2011.. Chris is gonna put my spotting skills to work next year and see if I can keep the rubber side down.....

Stop on over sometime... Lately I have been in the backyard with the new "Rockhauler"......... Its been a few years since I had a boat out back so we took care of that a few weeks ago....
Back to top Go down
ELEV8ED JK

ELEV8ED JK

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:02 am

I have a question maybe you guys can help me with.. I am planning on changing my gears but unsure of what size. I have a 4" lift with 35" but planning on 37's next tire change.. Should I go with 5.13 gears or is that too low of a gear for a daily driver???
Back to top Go down
Grateful Red
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
Grateful Red

Male Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:10 pm

I have 37's with a 5.5" lift and run 4.88 Yukons. Tom (Fallston YJ) has 37"s with more lift than me( that's what she said) and he is running 4.88 as well. From what I heard there is not that much noticeable difference with the 5.13's. It also depends on what axles you have. We both run alloys and have not had a problem, but I did blow up my stock front with this setup.
Back to top Go down
http://lloyder05.blogspot.com/
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:51 pm

ELEV8ED JK wrote:
I have a question maybe you guys can help me with.. I am planning on changing my gears but unsure of what size. I have a 4" lift with 35" but planning on 37's next tire change.. Should I go with 5.13 gears or is that too low of a gear for a daily driver???

alot depends on if you are an auto or a manual with a manual you can get away with a taller gear. I would say check out this link for some reading might help you out
Back to top Go down
ELEV8ED JK

ELEV8ED JK

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:50 am

Grateful Red wrote:
I have 37's with a 5.5" lift and run 4.88 Yukons. Tom (Fallston YJ) has 37"s with more lift than me( that's what she said) and he is running 4.88 as well. From what I heard there is not that much noticeable difference with the 5.13's. It also depends on what axles you have. We both run alloys and have not had a problem, but I did blow up my stock front with this setup.

Thats what I'm worried about! Is 5.13 too big for stock? Hate to need a new front or rear because I picked the wrong gear...
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:36 am

Way too much gear....

I was running 5.13 in the Orange crush with 38.5's......

Back to top Go down
ELEV8ED JK

ELEV8ED JK

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 3:06 pm

UpnOver wrote:
Way too much gear....

I was running 5.13 in the Orange crush with 38.5's......

My plan is to go to 37's next tire change. Do you thing I should stick with 4.88? Who do you recommend to do the install???
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:15 pm

4.88s are perfect for 37..

Mike Bosley at Appalachian Offroad does my work..
Back to top Go down
ELEV8ED JK

ELEV8ED JK

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:05 pm

UpnOver wrote:
4.88s are perfect for 37..

Mike Bosley at Appalachian Offroad does my work..

Thanks I'll give them a call... I went to EHCO 4x4 but they want $1050 just labor I buy the parts.. I thought that was high!!

Scott
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Just tell Mike that Matt with the Orange TJ sent you.. He is a great guy and very knowledgeable... A few of the Raiders jeeps have been done there..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just signed up today   Just signed up today Empty

Back to top Go down

Just signed up today
Page 1 of 1