Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New clutch; advice/opinions

Go down 
+2
UpnOver
FallstonYJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

New clutch; advice/opinions Empty
PostSubject: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:03 am

Looking to put a new clutch in the Black Knight. I am looking at the Centerforce line but can't decide between the Centerforce II and the Dual Friction Kit. Anyone have any experience and or advice about these clutches??

As always, any assistance would be greatly appreciated; (you can also stop by for a cold one to share your input)!

Thanks,
Tom
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:48 am

Turbo 400 with reverse valve body....................
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:55 am

You went over my head on that one dude.................???? scratch
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:10 am

Just messin with ya... Thats a automatic transmission.. lol!
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:08 pm

I was pretty sure that's what you were referring to..............I researched it a litlle...........hell of a transmission. But, you know I am all about manual transmissions plus from what I read on line, it would be $1000 or more to put a TH400 in the Knight.

I am thinking the dual friction clutch is the way to go but I need to research it some more.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:13 pm

I see multiple versions for Centerforce.. What is the part number for the one you want so I know what you are talking about
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:18 pm

DF193890................$299.99 at JEGS
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:24 pm

I must be reading it wrong.. I couldnt find the kit for the 4.2....
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:27 pm

Let me see if I can put the link to the Jegs page here.......................

http://www.jegs.com/i/Centerforce/183/DF193890/10002/-1

Let me know if that works, I didn't think it would.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:41 pm

a lot of the CJ's just use the LUX clutch it not a high performance clutch. You put to heavy of a clutch in it your leg will hate you at the end ofthe day. I have a normal clutch and have never felt it slip under load. If you were running a V8 then maybe.
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 am

The CJ5 that my son drives has a "under Dad's workbench clutch".
His Wagon has a Ceramic and Brass something clutch, Big money. Heavy Jeep big Motor.

Most CJs have the inline 6 with low hp and fair torque, dont think I have seen too many spun CJ clutches.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:21 am

From what I hear the Centerforce material allows the clutch to engage alot quicker and doesnt heat up. Unlike the old days when you asked for a heavy duty clutch you got alot of metal and the pressure plate was made out of Kryponite you got a heavy petal..

This is probably a good idea for when I sell you the LS1 also................... lol! Not that a ax-15 would hold a small block though!!!
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Male Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:33 pm

I did the Zoom performance clutch in mine. Got it from Napa. I am sure Matt could hook you up Rolling Eyes

High performance clutch no heavy pedal. Don't want to post what I paid but pm me and I will tell you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:20 pm

UpnOver wrote:
From what I hear the Centerforce material allows the clutch to engage alot quicker and doesnt heat up. Unlike the old days when you asked for a heavy duty clutch you got alot of metal and the pressure plate was made out of Kryponite you got a heavy petal..

This is probably a good idea for when I sell you the LS1 also................... lol! Not that a ax-15 would hold a small block though!!!

We'll worry about the transmission after we get the LS1 bolted in.................BTW, I don't have an AX-15, I have a BA 10/5.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 6:40 pm

FallstonYJ wrote:
UpnOver wrote:

We'll worry about the transmission after we get the LS1 bolted in.................BTW, I don't have an AX-15, I have a BA 10/5.

Oh that will explode even quicker!!!!!!!!

affraid
Back to top Go down
bleoh

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:06 am

When I put my T18 in Parts Mike sold me on a LUK clutch (maybe it was LUX).

Putting a $200 plus clutch in front of a BA 10/5 is waste of money IMHO, unless you can use that same clutch with a better tranny such as the AX15 or NV3550. If not, and you can not upgrade the tranny at this time just get a regular clutch.

Are you serious about the v8? What timeframe?

Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:15 am

bleoh wrote:
When I put my T18 in Parts Mike sold me on a LUK clutch (maybe it was LUX).

Putting a $200 plus clutch in front of a BA 10/5 is waste of money IMHO, unless you can use that same clutch with a better tranny such as the AX15 or NV3550. If not, and you can not upgrade the tranny at this time just get a regular clutch.

Are you serious about the v8? What timeframe?

See email sent tonight; come over tomorrow night and we can talk about it over a cold one or more....................... moon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New clutch; advice/opinions   New clutch; advice/opinions Empty

Back to top Go down

New clutch; advice/opinions
Page 1 of 1