Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I finally did it!

Go down 
+3
JEEPERX
PuddleJumper
XJXtian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
XJXtian

XJXtian

Female Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-02-02

I finally did it! Empty
PostSubject: I finally did it!   I finally did it! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:52 am

I have taken off the black stripe of grief from totaling my beloved '05 Xterra and bought a JEEP. Some Jeep snobs will say, "yah, but it's only a Cherokee".....but I am crazy in love with it. (though it needs some work before I can drive it out of the driveway)

Here it is coming home from Virginia last saturday night

I finally did it! 100_0481

Finally in it's new driveway....it was 2am when we got home.

I finally did it! 100_0484

Some next morning shots (I couldn't WAIT for it to get light out!!!!)

I finally did it! 100_0493

I finally did it! 100_0495

Nose to nose with a stock one....mine's not hugely built (yet) but big enough for me to get all excited everytime I look at it...and it'll be higher soon!!!

I finally did it! 100_0510
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-03-07

I finally did it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:04 am

Congrats on the new Jeep. I always liked cherokee's. Fairly good offroad with a modest lift and a little larger tires (which I see you have) and they are pretty well balanced front to rear which makes offroading them easier and much more comfortable. But the one thing I liked best of all you could run with a good amount of jeeps, your wheelbase is close to perfect stock and not only can you enjoy it, but the 4 other people in the car can as well while carrying all your gear in the back! Cant do that with a wrangler. I do have one question though, is it just me or do the rear tires look larger then the fronts??
Back to top Go down
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-03-07

I finally did it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:06 am

BTW If you need any stock parts I know my coworker has a cherokee thats just about complete that would sell whole or parts as needed.
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Male Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-03

I finally did it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:52 pm

Tires are the same just saggy springs in the rear. Gonna get new ones when we can.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481

I finally did it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:26 pm

looks good Pattie
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

I finally did it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:17 pm

I have taken off the black stripe of grief from totaling my beloved '05 Xterra and bought a JEEP. Some Jeep snobs will say, "yah, but it's only a Cherokee

I say if you havent tried each version of a Jeep than you are not a true Jeep fan.... lol!

Lets see CJ, YJ, XJ and now TJ........I need a JK now and I might be a jeep fan........

I liked my XJ except for during the summer its very hot inside... It definitely took a beating and surprised alot of people....The longer wheel base is awesome......

Tell Chris you need some KM2's............. Streetable and still sticky.. I just put a set on the Dirty Max...
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318

I finally did it! Empty
PostSubject: My Cherokee and the $18.00 Snorkle kit   I finally did it! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:40 pm

I had a 1990 Cherokee in my 2004 Maryland Rock Raider days. I made a home made snorkle out of 2" home PVC. I made a plug from 1 inch plywood and with the help of RTV, I plugged up the primary air inlet on the box. Plumbed in the 2" PVC with a drain type fitting into the dr. side of the air box. Drilled 2.25" holes in fender and inner fender (tough fender brace will twist wrist be carefull). Came out and 90'ed to the back level and along top of fender, used a 45 at the A piler and another at the roof line. Simple pop up yard drain on top. Painted it with some of the hammered Rustolium Paint. Used screw in cable tie mounts and double cable ties. Worked GREAT and did not really hurt the gas milage that much.

I will try to find pictures. Tico should have some also. It was a purple Cherokee and often the head lights were under the water at the power lines at Rausch.

I did replace the alternator twice and starter once. Belt idler pullies were got from crazy rays, 6 or so. If you were not in the water for too long the doors kept the insides pretty dry. Drivers rear leaked some.
Back to top Go down
XJXtian

XJXtian

Female Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-02-02

I finally did it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:48 pm

I am resigned to the fact that it will be a work in progress for pretty much its entire life....but it's okay. I am ready!

Oh, BTW, changed my name to XJXtian. The Xterra part just didn't make sense anymore! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Male Number of posts : 232

I finally did it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:50 pm

I like it. I had a jeep like that in high school beat the piss out of it. Matt I the JK you can wheel it whenever I get back up the creek.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I finally did it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it!   I finally did it! Empty

Back to top Go down

I finally did it!
Page 1 of 1