Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

just another wheeler

Go down 
+4
natedogg_66
mdcj7
UpnOver
PuddleJumper
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-03-07

just another wheeler Empty
PostSubject: just another wheeler   just another wheeler EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:38 pm

Hey guys, my names Austin Stewart. Currently living in Pasadena, Md. Got a job about 6 months ago working for the Coast Guard at Curtis Bay. Originally from Southern MD. Currently an active member of the HardRock Crawlers out of St. Mary's. Looking to possibly meet up with some locals up here. My current rig is an 87 Samurai.... well...kind of.. currently in the middle of a build. When I took it apart it was just a basic SPOA sami with gears, 32's and a couple other things done to it.. It is now going through an identity crisis. Stretching the frame and body, and extending the wheelbase to about 98in (80 in stock), putting a 22r yota motor and trans in, rebuilt yota axles, spool rear, locker front, brand new 37's, fully rebuilding the sheet metal out back, power steering, YJ springs, homemade missing links, full roll cage, dash, seats, and a bunch more stuff that costs way too much money then I should be spending lol. Currently doing the work out of a friends shop out in Middletown, MD near Frederick. In the middle of putting it back together right now. down to the stretched frame and putting the suspension on.

Good to meet you all
-Austin
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: just another wheeler   just another wheeler EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:03 pm

Welcome to the forum... Send some pics of your build... I had a 04 Badlands buggy with a 1.6 vitara motor and trans.. It was a class three comp rig on 60's, spooled and red krawlers..Nothin like a sami

Look forward to seeing your build and meeting on the trail...
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: just another wheeler   just another wheeler EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:04 pm

welcome to the forum sounds like a nice rig you are building.
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Male Number of posts : 232

PostSubject: Re: just another wheeler   just another wheeler EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:08 pm

I guess I was not the only one extending you a welcome. I must of done something wrong cause it didn't post. Any way welcome to the forum. Maybe we can trade tours of bases. I work at Martins state airport on the A-10 warthog. The rig sounds really sweet.
Back to top Go down
JKNurse79

JKNurse79

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: just another wheeler   just another wheeler EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Welcome to the forums
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: just another wheeler   just another wheeler EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:44 am

Sounds like a pretty nice rig in the making! Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper

PostSubject: Re: just another wheeler   just another wheeler EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:05 pm

What it looked like before breakdown
just another wheeler SANY0783

Yota donor rig

just another wheeler 0130002107a

Stretched frame in center. Front frame/ bumper was stretched when the spoa was done. still need to do the rear.
just another wheeler 0227001355

Where I am as of right now, working on the suspension. Goes by really slow when your doing it by yourself, not to mention not owning a plasma cutter!! Man that is the NEXT tool im getting. Ive already gone through just packs and packs of cut off wheels and im about half way done cutting on this thing.

just another wheeler 0328001529b

just another wheeler 0328001529

Rear tub plan
just another wheeler Reartub

I have just about everything to finish the thing, just taking awhile. Neutral
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
CamoK5

Number of posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: just another wheeler   just another wheeler EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:30 pm

Welcome to the group. We have a few members down your way. Was that a Chevelle in background?
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: just another wheeler   just another wheeler EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:27 pm

always like to se pictures of people working on their rigs, hope to see you out there soon
Back to top Go down
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper

PostSubject: Re: just another wheeler   just another wheeler EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:44 am

Thanks for the welcomes guys, and yea I hope to be out there soon too. my original finish goal was end of April....thats not happening. Shooting for end of May.

And yes that is a chevelle in the background. Im actually doing my work at a buddies shop in Middletown so thats his. Pretty big shop, right now we have my rig with all my parts to my side, the chevelle, a CJ5, a TJ a tractor and a bunch of benchs and stuff. He also has a restored 69 chevelle SS convertable. his plans for the one you saw are a twin turbo charged small block chevy. the CJ is getting back half right now and remaking the rear frame, eaton rear with a HD HP 44 front Wb stretch on 39.5's. TJ is his slow slow build, he is still gathering parts his plans for that is 60's, stroked 4.0 to a 4.6, links and coilovers. Im sticking with just the sami for now, came across an old courgar I almost grabbed but one project is more then enough for me right now.
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
CamoK5

Number of posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: just another wheeler   just another wheeler EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:01 pm

Sounds like alot of cool toys, I have a few projects going at once. My wifes YJ, my 57 Chevy and my 64 Chevy II gasser project. Each of my sons also have project my oldest has a 70 Chevelle with a 454 BBC and my yongest has a 54 Ford F-100 rat rod project. Hope to meet you on the trails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just another wheeler   just another wheeler Empty

Back to top Go down

just another wheeler
Page 1 of 1