Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

H1n1

Go down 
+6
FallstonYJ
JEEPERX
jnjstj
ffhill61
natedogg_66
UpnOver
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:16 pm

If you have not gone and gotten your flu and H1 shots then go do it..

Let me tell you why...

As most of you know we have three kids at home in elementary and high school plus Tina works at Trinity Lutheran as a teacher. So we get any freakin disease or illness that could possibly be found. I had Bronchitis so bad three years ago that they say I will get it again and again this time of the year.

So I thought I was doing good. Been healthy and didnt even have a simple cold in the past year. Well all hell broke loose this week. MacKenzie the 6 yr old ended up with H1 over the weekend. We kept the other two away from her and I even tried to stay clear. Monday I went to work and about 12 pm one of my associates was in my office and said I sounded bad. I looked at him like he was crazy. He said I coughed bad.... I didnt even notice. About two hours later I was ready to kill him. I started to feel horrible and he said it was in my head.

That night I went home and went to bed by 9pm.. I slept my entire day off Tuesday and thru Wed 2pm..

I told Tina at 2pm, who was home with MacKenzie, lets go to Express care and see what they say.. I was there a few minutes and they did a chest xray and flu swab and said it was Bronchitis again.. Ok that made some sense..

They started me on the Nepilizer treatment, which I have gotten the past three years and about half way I felt dizzy. I told Tina to go get them that I was gonna pass out.. I had been sitting on one of those half beds sitting up..

The next thing I know I am flat out on the table and like 5 people are yelling my name and trying to get me to respond. They said I was completely out for a good time. They all looked panicked.. including the DR... lol!

So now I am laying there and he is telling Tina I need to go to the emergency room.. First thing that pops in my mind is MY TRUCK... I knew I should of let her drive me in her van... DAMIT...

So i said its ok she can drive me in my truck. The DR responds with NO.. you need to go in a ambulance...... OK.. First I have to agree to let her drive and now he is saying I have to let her drive it alone.................

So off to the emergency room we go...After a million tests and the most uncomfortable bed in the world I finally got released at 3am with Bronchitis and "Suggested H1".. yeah wasnt sure about that diagnosis...

Now we are driving down RT24 at 3am in my truck with Tina driving and they have construction the entire route with concrete barriers on the right.. She is literally driving down the road stradling the dotted line.. I am not saying a thing because I dont want that barrier any closer to the right side than I have too..

We stop at Sheetz for food and a cold drink.. she pulls up to the store and parks 4 feet from the red poles in front.. Good job stay away........

We finally get to bed and now the medicine has got me wired and after her being asleep for 45 minutes she gets up and takes her temperature.. Now she has 103..........

She has to call her mom and go back to the emergency room.. She got home at 11am with a Sinus infection and pneumonia....

So my daugther has been staying with my parents and her mom for two days so she doesnt get it.. WELL I just got the call she has a headache and sore throat.. Now she has a appointment at 9:45 tomorrow..

Oh bye the way. the associate called me today and says he has H1 and is out till Tuesday...........
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-02-03

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:09 pm

I feel you on the sickness. I have stayed clear of everyone who coughs or anything. And then bam I get hit with my sinus infection that I get every fall and spring. Brandi got the h1n1 shot at work, I should be getting mine soon at work, I think the youngest got his. Funny thing is the oldest hasn't even got the flu shot due to the supply and demand everywhere. We had agirl at work was hit with the h1n1 and now doesn't have to get the shot, but hell of a way to avoid a shot. So I now have to be working the whole weekend feeling like shit and to top it off I have to report at 05:30 in the morning now for what will probably be a 12 hour day. I have been in rare form of pissed in the past two days.
Back to top Go down
ffhill61

ffhill61

Male Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-02-04

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 10:34 am

"If you have not gone and gotten your flu and H1 shots then go do it.."

What he said!!!

I have gotten both vaccinations and have not died...(got them at work). My 15 month old daughter has gotten both and no side affects.
Back to top Go down
jnjstj

jnjstj

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-24

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 10:36 pm

matt has anybody told you you wine like a woman lol! ok with that said i feel your pain.i just got over a sinus infection,reaghan had a bad cough and jen has high blood pressure with the baby due dec 18.lets hear it for the cold weather and change of seasons. No
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Male Number of posts : 229

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:11 am

I love how half the story was about how worried you were about the truck lol!

Glad you are feeling better. Adam has been sick and Pattey told him he is not allowed to leave his room and I am going to get some lysol spray and spray him when he gets home from work later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE ON MATT'S CONDITION; 11-11-09   H1n1 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 11:16 am

Hi guys,

I am not sure who Tina was able to reach this morning so I thought I would send a brief update to a few of you on Matt’s condition. Matt is back in the Hospital; he is in ICU at Upper Chesapeake Hospital. Tina had to take him there by ambo during the night due to his difficulty breathing. At this point they say he has double pneumonia but they are also checking to determine if there is some type of blockage that is preventing him from breathing properly. Matt is on a ventilator however even with that they cannot get his O2 level up to where it is supposed to be. The highest level he can reach w/out the ventilator is approx. 80% while on the ventilator only 92%. If they cannot get his level up to 100% with the ventilator they may have to intubate.

The doctor(s) are saying at this point that Matt will be in for a “while”. As I stated above, he is in ICU at Upper Chesapeake and he may have visitors from noon until 8pm providing his condition does not change.

All prayers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom Rowan
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
The Devil Dog

Male Number of posts : 246

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 1:34 pm

Wow, that some serious stuff going on here. thanks for the up date on Matt, let us all pray for his expedient recovery. I am sorry to hear of all the ailments going on, I have stayed away from all public places except at work and Max Sonia and I have been fortunate not to catch anything. But you never know when that can change...

I wish you all a healthy holiday season, and If I can be of help just call me or e-mail me. My prayers are with you all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ticothedevildog.com/
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks for the update Tom
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:41 pm

Damn talk about bad luck. I was just thinking about Matt today and wondering how he was doing. If I wasn't sick I would go visit. But I am riding the sick train as well. I will keep him in my prayers. If Tina needs anything I am not hard to find if anything is needed.
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:04 pm

Just got home from the hospital, he is doing well under the circumstances. They were taking another Xray of his lungs but his O2 level is still down.

He is in good spiirits though. We will continue to pray for him
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks everyone for the prayers and visits..........

I am home and I am feeling better. I will be out for atleast another week and they have given me home oxygen to help build the lungs back to normal.

Just being home I can feel myself building my strength. Prior to this past week I had never been in the hospital for anything but a one night stand for pnuemonia.

One of the night time ICU Dr's told me and Tina that he had never seen a case as bad as mine. I think they were alittle amazed as to how fast my breathing was improving. The night they admitted me they put me on this mask/bag type of oxygen and I went nuts. I guess I am clostropobic to some point. After alittle complaining they said if I cant get this to work then they were gonna incabate me.. I then said no way............

One of the nurses two days later was teasing me because it was in the notes how I reacted to the face mask......

I tried to take some pics today but couldnt find the camera. When I got home yesterday I noticed the puddle under the jeep was getting pretty large. Tina VOLUNTEERED to drain the oil out and degrease the trailer so the mess wouldnt get any larger until I can get the pan on.

She brought me the tool bag and got a 5 gallon bucket and was ready to go.... she tried and tried with the ratchet and couldnt get it... she called her oldest son but as usual he only has time when he needs me for something... I than gave her a wrench and a hammer and she beat and beat.. Meanwhile I am sitting her feeling like a complete idiot because I cant go out there and do it...

she gave up for awhile and was waiting but I was getting aggravated.. I got up and before I could even ask for my shoes she started yelling at me......... Well that must of gotten her strength up because she went out and did it right away........

I guess now I have to fix the drivers seat.. I dont think I will get away with not letting her drive much longer.......
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:43 pm

glad to here you are home and doing better Matt. Listen to what the doctors tell you.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:44 pm

As for h1n1.........

I honestly beleive they do not have the right tests for it yet. After the first two visits to the Emergency room they sent me home both times are taking EKG, chest xrays and all the blood work. It wasnt till the third time to the ER that they admitted me..

The dr that night said my lungs were completely whited out....

I still do not have the test results for H1 back yet. They confirmed pneumonia and are also treating me for h1 but no direct results. I take the last h1 pill tomorrow and no results....

Now, Mckenzie went to Urgent care and they called the next day confirming the results. HOW can this be..

They are just treating under assumption......................

One good thing is that I have lost over 17 lbs and that will continue.. By my birthday in March I want to be down to the weight I feel comfortable with. No more getting out of breath when climbing the trails at Rausch
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:46 pm

mdcj7 wrote:
glad to here you are home and doing better Matt. Listen to what the doctors tell you.

Thanks Paul.... and I will.............I have made a promise to myself.....Too much jeeping to do to keep missing rides due to illness.
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:40 pm

Glad to hear you are doing better. I feel you on the weight. I went to the dr back in july and he said that the back pain I was having had a good deal to do with being over weight. Since then I dropped from 241 to 220. I am with you on the being out of breath as well as being able to play with the kids without running short of breath in a short time.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
The Devil Dog

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:23 pm

Matt. I called you and left messages on both phones but never got a reply. Glad to see that you are OK. or better anyway. I think it is a good thing to work out those pounds, sometime the good life takes way the good out of it, eh. Eat healthy, good home meals, walk and I found the nest work out in the world is SEX, hehehehehehe, that is next to walking.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:31 pm

sorry Tico.. With the cough from pneumonia and the short of breath, it is hard to hold conversations without starting to cough real bad.

Everyday I feel alittle more strength coming on.. I will follow up the end of the week when we can talk...

I appreciate the thoughts..

Having never been real ill or never had any surgeries during my 39 years... It makes you appreciate the little things when something like this happens......

I kept finding myself sitting here worrying whats going on at work and how bad I hear it is since I have been out.. Well shit on that.. Im getting better before I worry about that ............. Plus I have friends like Chris T who has been working my store even on his day off to help out...........Thats true friendship and brotherhood........... Alpha Omega members rock............
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
The Devil Dog

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:37 pm

Yea, things like this make you appreciate the little things in life and your learn were your friends are. FUnny how family always is there when you need them the most. A brotherhood is about what Chris done, step in and take the charge. Ata'boy Chris!

Last edited by The Devil Dog on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:42 pm

I am only doing what I know you would do for me in return. Not that much help yet I tried up till 6pm and still could not get your password to work in RIM. Sorry for all the calls today too. I like the others want you to get better before you start worrying about work.
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:01 am

Glad things are getting better buddy!! If you or Tina need anything you know you only have to call.

BTW, thanks for the "Flash" email today; I needed it! cheers
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Thanks...... I am getting stronger every day... Hopefully on Monday when I see the Dr he will let me start exercising..

I feel sooo much better already....

Been thinking about a December trail run........ That means we all have to get our projects done..
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
CamoK5

Number of posts : 284

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Glad to hear your home and getting better. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.
Back to top Go down
mel

Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-02-15

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:59 pm

wow matt i am so glad you are getting better... and if the december trail ride is up here at raush let me know when so i can schedule off and talk to the guys at the firehouse maybe we all can hang out there on saturday night... can't hang out at the motel some people lol think i have had inappropriate contact with guests.... but oh well i won't stop hanging with you all..... best luck on getting healthy .....
mel
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:01 pm

Thanks Mel.. see you in Dec..
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
The Devil Dog

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:49 pm

mel wrote:
wow matt i am so glad you are getting better... and if the december trail ride is up here at raush let me know when so i can schedule off and talk to the guys at the firehouse maybe we all can hang out there on saturday night... can't hang out at the motel some people lol think i have had inappropriate contact with guests.... but oh well i won't stop hanging with you all..... best luck on getting healthy .....
mel

Mel what are you doing with those folks girl? Be good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

H1n1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H1n1   H1n1 Empty

Back to top Go down

H1n1
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Maryland Rock Raiders :: WELCOME TO MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS :: CLUB ANNOUNCEMENTS-
Jump to: