Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big Announcements.............

Go down 
+3
mdcj7
XJXtian
UpnOver
7 posters
AuthorMessage
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Big Announcements............. Empty
PostSubject: Big Announcements.............   Big Announcements............. EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 12:41 pm

These are just priliminary thoughts but are thoughts I have been having for a few weeks now.. Fortunately for me Paul and Mark seem to be on the same line of thinking..........

I would like to propose that we do away with the yearly dues.... With this economy I would like to see you all keep your money and maybe use it for a run. We will utilize whats left in the pot to pay for the forum and then we will work out the forum costs when we need too. I have already stated that I would pay the yearly fee's if needed just to keep the forum available for the club.

I have also been thinking about not having a board with President, Vice, Treasury etc..... I think we have come along way and have shown that we can work as a team and get along. We would need some sort of directors and that would be a volunteer basis that would help with administration stuff. They would also keep things inline if there were issues with the club. If we go this route the current board will rewrite the by-laws accordingly..

I do want to do a benefit run. I think we can get enough volunteers to organize it. Then we could take a percentage to pay for club shirts or something along that line.

Just preliminary thoughts and I want as many comments / concerns as I can get.

I think if this seems like a plan then we should have a get together and work out the thoughts. Maybe a meeting at MaGerks or someplace central..
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
XJXtian

XJXtian

Female Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcements.............   Big Announcements............. EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 1:01 pm

I know I'm not a 'paying member'...hell, Im more a suckerfish than a member, anyway..... I just kinda come by to make sure all you boys are doing okay, etc etc. (and I kinda dig you guys a bit....just a little....maybe. Okay, I admit it, the best picnic we went to all year, maybe two years, was at Matt's house with the 'usuals'....it was great!)

But I think this is an awesome idea. You can always go on donations. Just let people know there are still needs to meet and that if someone has the funds to help, then send a bit. I know that opens you up to hearing crickets and echoes in your bank account, but when the people who are really involved and enjoy the benefits of a club....brotherhood, even....when they actually have the money, I believe it will come to you. Benefit runs rock too. And as always, we may not be able to do much, but A/O will do anything for you guys.

Love yas! (wait, that's not cool)

Ummmmm......

Later a-holes. (there, more manly)
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcements.............   Big Announcements............. EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:45 pm

I support this 100%. We donot need dues to be a club. Just good friends that like to get out and do things together. cheers
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcements.............   Big Announcements............. EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Here is a perfect example of what I feel our members are capable of.........This is a pm from Matt Hill.. Matt, I hope you dont mind me cut and pasting it........

Subject: Charity Work
I have been thinking of a "benefit/Charity" thing for the club. I was thinking that maybe we could "adopt" a fellow wheelers family or any needy family, that has fallen on hard times. Gather up some cash and get the kids some gifts, get them some groceries etc. We could get a trail run together and collect some toys/cash from folks to help out. It would be pretty cool to roll up to somebody's house with 4 or 5 jeeps full of stuff to make someones holiday better. We could contact patti and get some help from alpha/omega. Just a thought...my wife and I could do the shopping and wrapping. I have done this for many years at the firehouse. (since my promotion I have lost my contacts in Dundalk and no longer do the adopt-a-family) My wife also heads up the "adopt-a-family" for her work. We can with some "thrifty" shopping make a little cash go a long way. Just a thought. The look on the kids faces when they open up the gifts is really cool.

Thanks for your time,

Matt Hill
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcements.............   Big Announcements............. EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 5:51 pm

I think this is a great idea.. I really want to pursue this.......................
Back to top Go down
jnjstj

jnjstj

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcements.............   Big Announcements............. EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 10:06 pm

THE HOLE THING WITH THE CLUB SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.WE ARE A CLOSE BUNCH OF PEOPLE (I THINK) AND I SEE US MAKING THIS WORK.COUNT ME IN
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcements.............   Big Announcements............. EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 10:17 pm

jnjstj wrote:
THE HOLE THING WITH THE CLUB SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.WE ARE A CLOSE BUNCH OF PEOPLE (I THINK) AND I SEE US MAKING THIS WORK.COUNT ME IN

Dam I forgot you were involved............... Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcements.............   Big Announcements............. EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 7:51 am

I agree and am sure that Shaggy and Jedimonkie argee also.

Add three more votes as a concur

I am always donationg to Boy Scouts and and those Girl Scout cookies. I am sure if money is needed for the forum or some kind of fee that you can count on me and mine.

a "Pass the Hat" announcement can go out and donations can be forwarded. Who and how much should remain unknown.

I am all about more of us getting to the woods. If the Ecomony gets better we can always go back to a dues type of club.
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcements.............   Big Announcements............. EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:05 am

I am definitely up for the "adopt-a-family" drive!!

Also happy to contribute any time the "club" needs funds.

Definite yes to the new "club" structure...........see my latest reply in "Another Offroader Rant"; (there is probably a way to show that post in this one but I don't know how scratch )
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Male Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcements.............   Big Announcements............. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:22 pm

I can speak for A/O that we are in and will help!!

Great Idea!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcements.............   Big Announcements............. Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Announcements.............
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Maryland Rock Raiders :: WELCOME TO MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS :: CLUB ANNOUNCEMENTS-
Jump to: