Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

10/24-25 SKYLINE DR.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
XJXtian

XJXtian

Female Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-02-02

10/24-25 SKYLINE DR. Empty
PostSubject: 10/24-25 SKYLINE DR.   10/24-25 SKYLINE DR. EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:11 am

Hey kids! Alpha/Omega is having a non-wheeling trip in October....to Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park in VA. We'd be psyched if any of you wanted to join us. We wanted to have a run that as more like a family outing than our usual wheeling @ Rausch...and this is a great place t do it!!!

WE ARE MEETING AT THE ENTRANCE OF SKYLINE
DRIVE @ FRONT ROYAL,VA AT 10AM on SATURDAY

Those of us caravaning from up north will probably stop somewhere for breakfast.

The plan (though VERY LOOSELY made) is to meet at 10, head down the drive and stop as often as everyone wants (I tend to take a LOT of pictures...so will probably be stopping alot!) and taking it leisurely. We will stop for a picnic lunch (don't forget to bring one!) along the way and we plan to do 65 miles of the 105 miles of the drive. The speed limit is 35 and there will be a LOT of other vehicles, so it'll definitely take all day to go 60 miles.

Then we'll go to the hotel* and get situated and get ready for dinner. We'll figure out where to go for dinner. Probably a place that'll be good for everyone's tastes.

Tentatively, I would like....

Sunday morning, meeting somewhere for breakfast, then heading up to Luray Caverns (I'll post more information on them ASAP) it'll take about 40-45 minutes up 81 I believe. THEN, Luray is right next to the Thornton Gap entrance (at rt 211) on Skyline Drive between mile marker 31 and 32. We can hop back on Skyline drive and do the 31 miles to Front Royal and the head home.....

I cannot WAIT for this trip!!!!

*HOTEL INFO:

Sleep Inn in Harrisonburg - they have availability (right now at least). The rate is $119.00 per night (double beds) or 109.99 (for a King) plus tax. They would not let me hold rooms at all at this point. Credit card is required.

Comfort Inn Harrisonburg- They have availability. If we have at least 7 couples (7 rooms) they will give us a rate of 99.99 per night plus tax. www.comfortinn.com/hotel-harrisonburg-virginia-VA429

Harrisonburg is thirty minutes south of Endless Caverns and Luray Caverns. If anyone need to go home on Sunday, we are right off 1-81. So it is an easy trip back.

I like Comfort Inn because they have always been great to/for us. (Sleep and Comfort are sister hotels) They said they'd give us a rate of $99/night if we get 7 rooms. I'd like for everyone that thinks they may be going on this trip to please try to decide if you are staying overnight on that saturday and respond by thursday....if you can.

If not....Samantha and I are both reserving our rooms on thursday and she is going to ask the girl she spoke with to see if we can put Alpha/Omega in as a group and when you call to make your reservation, you tell them you're with our group...and once we reach 7 reservations, we will get it for $99 instead of $119. ($20 isn't that huge a difference, but it'd be nice)

If you have another preference, do not hesitate to make your reservations wherever you'd like....we aer just trying to make it easier for those that want to do a group thing.

beers
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com

10/24-25 SKYLINE DR.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Maryland Rock Raiders :: TRAIL RIDE DISCUSSION :: UPCOMING TRAIL RIDES-
Jump to: