Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Something to ponder on.........

Go down 
+3
FallstonYJ
natedogg_66
UpnOver
7 posters
AuthorMessage
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Something to ponder on......... Empty
PostSubject: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Hmmmmm........

I am alittle confused today... I know all the razzing I get about the Crush being PRETTY and SHINNY and all the shit about the Teflon wax...

so...

Why is it that the Crush is ready to run again after the last run and he needed no work........

but the Black Knight has been sitting waiting for parts............

I guess it was the hard line on Tombstone that did the Knight in.............

Oh no thats right he opted out for the easy line.......

I know it must of been that loose gravel hill climb that the Knight climbed..... Thats it.........
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 7:17 pm

I give you and the black knight, ole blue and grateful red all the credit clap clap clap I wish I could go half the places you guys go. But I am a poor guy who wheels what he drives daily. I think its awesome that crush is always on hot stand by ready to go.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:27 pm

OH trust me .. the jeeps have taken quite a bit of my money over the years....

I guess it has something to do with always wanting another.......

I blame that on Tom and Chris....................Have to blame someone right.... cheers
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Male Number of posts : 232

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:33 pm

Jeeps are like a legal drug. Once you have owned one you are hooked. Then once you see what it can do on the trail it gets worse . Sorry I didn't call about those signs today. I was not feeling well. I will call tomorrow during a break in my busy day.
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:36 pm

wtf?

I go out of town for two days on business and it's piss on the Black Knight time......................

I can't help it if Rubicon is a POS and so is their customer service!!!!
Back to top Go down
Grateful Red
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
Grateful Red

Male Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:04 pm

My bushings will be in today yay!

Adam cut and welded my skid plate so my driveshaft will not rub anymore yay!

Took the rear diff cover off and found chunks of metal affraid
The ring and pinion are clean...so next is to pull the shafts and then the locker scratch

Not sure when I can get on the trails....but still up for camping and riding in a right seat pirate
Back to top Go down
http://lloyder05.blogspot.com/
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:39 pm

Hey buddy.. I need to gets the dibs in when I can.. Its always two or three to one when playing with this group....

Paid $85 for the winch motor today and $70 for the shipping..........I wont dare go wheeling on Monday without a winch..

I know the shit I will hear if I have to be pulled out by one of you guys..............Crawl Daddy here we come...........
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:05 pm

Winch..............We don't need no stinkin winch!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BrittonOffRoad

BrittonOffRoad

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:13 pm

I'm stoked about Monday but looks for now like I'll be driving up there.
Red gets some custom bumper mods this week or next...
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Male Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:40 pm

you all made a deal I could not refuse. I am in for Monday, but still don't have any winch cable, rear shocks worth anything, or lockers, No crawl daddy for me. I'll take some video though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:44 pm

Great to have you along Chris!! beers

In case Matt did not talk to you; I will take one of "those" as well if it helps!

Now I just have to get busy and do the repairs..................
Back to top Go down
jnjstj

jnjstj

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:38 pm

i go on vac for a week and miss all the joking around.i am in for the 14th and matt ole blue is always ready and standing by
Back to top Go down
BrittonOffRoad

BrittonOffRoad

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:42 pm

JEEPERX wrote:
you all made a deal I could not refuse. I am in for Monday, but still don't have any winch cable, rear shocks worth anything, or lockers, No crawl daddy for me. I'll take some video though.

Winch cable is taken care of. Shocks are over-rated
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:00 pm

jnjstj wrote:
i go on vac for a week and miss all the joking around.i am in for the 14th and matt ole blue is always ready and standing by

Sweet........................................

Lets let Ole Blue show the Crush how to run Crawl Daddy.........

All this rain is gonna make it fun........

Tom, remember that first off camber drop in... Could be interesting....

My buddy Todd is coming also...right seat... Now lets get on the Lloyd to make sure Ole School Offroad are all there......
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:03 pm

BrittonOffRoad wrote:
JEEPERX wrote:

Winch cable is taken care of. Shocks are over-rated

Picked up a new Red Top yesterday and the winch motor showed up today............. Yeah baby....

Adam and I have some tire grooving to do tommorrow night............... Gonna give the Crush's front tires some extra bite..
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:06 pm

Todd is a fire fighter for APG and will be home at 7:30am. I will be leaving Joppatowne at 7:35am... So let me know where you guys are meeting or if you all are heading up earlier and I will meet you there..

Remember I just unstrap the Crush and Im ready to run.... None of that air'ing down and stripping parts off to get ready.. Sleep
Back to top Go down
BrittonOffRoad

BrittonOffRoad

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Got the old clutch out of Unleashed, new one goes in tomorrow morning after I pick up the groover. I found a bad universal in my rear driveshaft so that'll get replaced along with the thermostat and an overdue oil change. I should have everything buttoned up before the Crush gets here in the afternoon. I went and grabbed a tube bender today so after this run Unleashed is getting a major overhaul.
Back to top Go down
jnjstj

jnjstj

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:07 pm

i will try the crawl daddy as long as i have a rope to keep me upright.i do remember the pic's from last time.
Back to top Go down
BrittonOffRoad

BrittonOffRoad

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:04 pm

Clutch is done. Boggers are 50% grooved. Gonna wrap up tomorrow and I'll be ready to give CD a go.
Back to top Go down
jnjstj

jnjstj

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:43 am

i am out for monday.i forgot reaghan has school on mondays. it used to be tues and thurs but now it is monday wed and fri.sorry guys pale
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 12:26 pm

All come on Jason..............Cant you work a babysitter out?

The winch motor was wrong........... So I just pulled the winch off the Crush...Fool with it later......

Battery is in and everything looked over.............Greased the trailer bearings too......

Im ready to play..........

I helped Tom out alittle yesterday...... He got the front shocks on.... Changed fluid in the rear... and got the Novak shifter in... He was buttoning it up when I left last night... Sorry, I couldnt stay any longer... but Baldwins Seafood was calling and dam was it good....

Adam, I will call you later after Cortney's field hockey game.......
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Male Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:42 pm

Gonna load up in the morning and if I am up early I may just head out and play on the comp course till you all get there. If I am lazy I will meet you at the shell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:46 am

Too much going on today with the family up for the Ravens game; wasn't all that purdy but a win is a win!! beers beers

I won't be loading up until tomorrow morning; if I am make it to the Shell station by 8:00 great; if I am not there go ahead and I will catch up.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:44 pm

Yeah.. that typical FORD wouldnt even tow the Knight out of the driveway.. Glad you had a Chevy fan to push that FORD back out of the way.......

affraid
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:04 am

Yeah, it's a shame that shiny newer Chevy diesel doesn't get any better mileage than my old 88 F-350 Dually with a 460 gas engine!!

moon crackup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something to ponder on.........   Something to ponder on......... Empty

Back to top Go down

Something to ponder on.........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Maryland Rock Raiders :: WELCOME TO MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS :: FORUM IDEAS, CONCERNS, QUESTIONS-
Jump to: