Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rppngears91

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot? Empty
PostSubject: Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot?   Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 4:55 pm

Hey all. Just saying whats up. I recently got an XJ and Ive done a few things with it here and there. Id like to get out to some trails but really cant find anyone to go with. I was wandering around white marsh and found this trail!?! I dunno weather or not its private property or anything but there is NO "no tresspassing signs" for some reason.

Went back there by my self (only my GMC suv) with my freind russ. Saw a little bit of mudd, and I didnt think it was anything special or deep, so I tried to run through it but TOTALLY got stuck...BAD!! Eventually called a good freind with a truck, it was 1130 at night, had to use ROCK climbing rope (which was the only thing I had availabe, luckily it was in my back seat)...I learned my lesson...but it was fun!! Too bad these forums dont have a "idiot story" section lol.

Anyone know of the place Iam talking about? Its off of 43 near those business parks?
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot?   Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Welcome to the forum. You need to go out with us on the trails we go mostly up to Rausch Creek. We do not promote using land without permission. I'm sure that land belongs to someone and you should get permission before going back there. Hope to see you out on the trails one day. If you go to the PAJeep show this weekend they will have a course you can drive your jeep on.
Back to top Go down
rppngears91

PostSubject: Re: Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot?   Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Id REALLY like to go with you all sometime. But unfortunatley the transfer case just went up on my XJ. It sounds like the chain is slipping, so as soon as I patch that up, ill be out there with you guys no doubt.

BTW Im not one hundred percent sure, but the land is being cleared out for construction (more business park area) but like I said I am not one hundred percent sure. I do even have a clue who to get permission from, thats why I was hoping someone around this area would know the place Im talking about. I know in harford county (where Im orginally from) they contructed a corporate center there, and ORV were ALWAYS up there (i was only like 14 though). No one seemed to mind, as long as they werent actually building on that area.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot?   Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:57 pm

If you are referring to the trails by Carmax ... You will be caught.... I have seen rigs towed quite a few times from that area. Keep in mind the White Marsh precint is right around the corner...

There are no legal trails in this area. Spend the time and visit Greenridge or Rausch..
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
rppngears91

PostSubject: Re: Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot?   Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:05 pm

No no no, its nowhere near carmax. Its a little further down 43. Ive been to greenridge, great fun, but I wish it was a little more rough. I think my moms mini van can make it through most of the terrain. hahah jk

BTW Randy Tracey (hes sitting next to me, he saw me typing this reply at a leasing office computer) said to DELETED.....
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot?   Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:02 pm

Yeah thats why he works for me............

You need to read the rules of the forum........ This is a family friendly site........ We do not need that language on here... I deleted it...

Trails road is the only area around here that is legal...To many things going wrong in the offroading community with public land.. We do not need anymore negative publicity around here or around the club's name...
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
The Devil Dog
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
The Devil Dog

Male Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot?   Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 2:09 pm

The area you are speaking about is in the business park area just outside the Carmax and Koon dealership in fact its closer to the 95 fence area, during construction people used to go there to wheel but once they began building the office area it was posted private property. The land Owners a Nottingham Properties and they will not hesitate to bring charges against you should you get caught. The fine is steep minimum $500 or impounding your vehicle; neither are good options, except for staying out of it. Maryland does not have an authorized play area for our toys; hence we travel to Rausch Creek and other parks like it. Unless you have a friend whose parents own several acres, don’t believe anyone who tells you it's OK, they don't mind.

Other areas to stay out of: Sugar Hill Road land fill in Edgewood, Cedar lane area in Abingdon and the quarry of off Carson’s Run Rd in Aberdeen, Pepsi Cola Drive in Glen Burnie, behind the Mercedes warehouse off of route 7 upper Edgewood area just to mention a few.

We know your excited to have a nice rig and all, but do us a favor and check with the Rock Raider team for advice, otherwise it will cost you more than you care to pay. Hope this was helpful.

Like Matt said, our club has worked to hard to establish our presence and good intentions to help preserve our lands and respect private property owners with theirs. Please observe our guidance, thank you.

Tico
Back to top Go down
http://www.ticothedevildog.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot?   Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot? Empty

Back to top Go down

Just introducing myself, from white marsh. found a new spot?
Page 1 of 1