Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Off Road experience with the Jeep

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JKNurse79

JKNurse79

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-04-01

First Off Road experience with the Jeep Empty
PostSubject: First Off Road experience with the Jeep   First Off Road experience with the Jeep EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 8:34 pm

The Jeep went wheeling for the first time today and for real this time not just into a mailbox. We are down Ocean City for the 4th and decided to bring the Jeep. We decided to take it to Assateague Island for an off road trip. We stop to get our permit and were handed a map that had needs to know when going off road. I started to read the instructions, which included reducing tire pressure to 15 PSI and so on and so forth. Of course we did not have a tire gauge since I am a novice at wheeling. We pull up to where every one is letting out the air in their tires and there was an orange TJ from New Jersey. I start asking my husband what are we going to do and was I was just going to plan to go get a tire gauge and come back. My husband went up talked to the guy in the Jeep and he come over and helped measure all our tires while his family was sitting in his Jeep waiting for him. I have to say Jeep owner are so nice and helpful. He gave us some tip for driving on the sand and off we went. We started in 4 wheel high but then realized it would be a lot easier in low. We tried and tried and could not figure out how to get my Jeep into low. It is a little different when you are used to a vehicle where all you have to do is turn a button. We then pulled the manual out and were able to finally get it into low and have some fun. We first stuck to where people had made tracks before us and then went across the sand to get closer to the water a little bumpy but fun. I drove back and had fun jumping back and forth between people tracks. This makes me want to wheel even more. Then when we came back in from the beach the same guy was there and let us use his tire gauge again. Lessons learned need a tire gauge and read the manual before trying to change into low range when you have not done it before, but over all it was a blast.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: re   First Off Road experience with the Jeep EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:30 pm

Sounds great.. I havent been to Assateaque for a long time.. Make sure you take the jeep to the local car wash and squirt all the sand out from around the wheels and driveshafts.

Wet sand is horrible on the rotors, pads and any joints.

I used to hit the car wash right there on the corner as you get back onto 50.

Do they still require you to have a tow strap, jack, board and shovel to get the permit?
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
JKNurse79

JKNurse79

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: First Off Road experience with the Jeep   First Off Road experience with the Jeep EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:40 pm

UpnOver wrote:
Sounds great.. I havent been to Assateaque for a long time.. Make sure you take the jeep to the local car wash and squirt all the sand out from around the wheels and driveshafts.

Wet sand is horrible on the rotors, pads and any joints.

I used to hit the car wash right there on the corner as you get back onto 50.

Do they still require you to have a tow strap, jack, board and shovel to get the permit?

Thanks for the car wash tip. I will be sure to take it first thing in the AM. That is something I did not think of. They gave the permit with out checking for any of those. The other guy with the Jeep said if we got stopped and they asked us about the boards to act stupid lol. It all worked out. There were people with 2wd vehicles out there.
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Male Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: First Off Road experience with the Jeep   First Off Road experience with the Jeep EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 11:30 am

That thing will have some RC Body work in no time....

Sound like a great time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: pretty Jeep   First Off Road experience with the Jeep EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:32 am

Boy I bet RC Mud will look great on that yellow.

Rick Ackerman had a yellow Jeep, yellow Jeeps are not afraid of mud.

washing note: It has been in magazines and I has used it alot, put a arc'ing sprinkler under the Jeep and it will help loosen the mud or sand from those hard to reach points underneath.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Off Road experience with the Jeep   First Off Road experience with the Jeep Empty

Back to top Go down

First Off Road experience with the Jeep
Page 1 of 1