Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lets have some fun....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Lets have some fun.... Empty
PostSubject: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:38 pm

Thought this might be cool.. Im sure I will get the stupid jokes like less wax or umbrellas painted but lets try anyhow..

Here are the specs on the Orange Crush... If you had it and wanted to do the next project what would you do..

98 TJ
4.0 stock
32Rh automatic stock
np231 transfer with 4 to 1 kit and novak shifter
front dana 44, 5.13's Yukon chromoly shafts with superjoints, detroit locker
rear ford 9 inch, 5.13's, 35 spline chromoly shafts, spooled
38.5x14.50 TSL sx's on champion beadlocks
warn super hubs
warn front 9000 winch
full cage by Appalachian
corbeau front and rear seats
3 linked front with custom links
4 linked rear
rear links are recessed into floor to allow for low center of gravity
full custom steel tube fenders front and rear
Full belly up skid that is at bottom of frame.
boatsided
soft top with steel doors

Ok so the plans have been to trade to a buggy but then I cant drive on street.. I just inspected the jeep and tags will be on this week, so nothing to extreme so that its not road worthy...

I do have a 22k LS1 with a six speed tranny bolted to it that I have been thinking of but if I go that route I am looking at about 5500 for the atlas, th400, wireharness and replacing the front axle to atleast a 60..

In talking to Mark at Apple hill he says a more free flowing converter and exhaust wakes up the 4.0.. Lloyd is having his done and I am seeking out Jeremy at SMS to see what custom work he can do with my belly up and keeping it out of the way on Monday..

So the itch has come to move it to the next level but what would you do next???????

Lets have some fun.... A324510
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
BrittonOffRoad

BrittonOffRoad

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:43 pm

STROKER
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:09 pm

A little bit off of the theme...

An on board welder and an air compressor with a decent tank.
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

Male Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:17 pm

I have it easy, every time I want to work on mine, I just fix what I broke last time I wheeled it. Very Happy But if you haven't broken anything, what is it's limit?
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:43 pm

antagonist84cj7 wrote:
I have it easy, every time I want to work on mine, I just fix what I broke last time I wheeled it. Very Happy But if you haven't broken anything, what is it's limit?

I know that feeling.......... The first day out with it we were the first to run Crawl Daddy............

As Tommy said....... " Hey guys I just cut a new BLUE trail, want to be the first to try it out?" Yeah blue my azz....... It was all good.. We had a hell of a time. Crushed the tranny pan and winched for 3 hours to get it off the trail... Full new belly pan..

Next trip to Crawl Daddy........ HOLE in the oil pan....... Ok.. that full belly pan really wasnt FULL.... Fixed that situation!!!!!

It might be pretty but it WE AINT AFRAID.........
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm

crazyjimmy wrote:
A little bit off of the theme...

An on board welder and an air compressor with a decent tank.

I would have to learn to weld first!!!!!!!!!!! lol! Not that Im not capable.. I just never tried...... Fallston Fab should be wired soon...

I had the ultimate air compressor set up in the last jeep and the only time I used it was at the end of the day when the guys who drive their jeeps needed to air back up...

Thats why I have been looking for the CO2 guys to fill a tank.. I am waiting for my firefighter buddy to return from vacation so i can ask him your suggestion..

I want a nice tank to mount to the cage and I dont want to have to exchange for a ugly tank........ lol! I plan to use a 20lb tank.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:49 pm

BrittonOffRoad wrote:
STROKER

why
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Male Number of posts : 232

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:43 pm

I am going to throw this out there for performance and exhuast work here is a site to a guy I work wit who does it as a second business. neverenoughperformance.com. He is located in forest hill according to his website. He is a pretty cool guy. He did a complete 3 inch exhaust on a guys dakota at the base and it sounds awesome. Just my two pennies.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:46 pm

natedogg_66 wrote:
I am going to throw this out there for performance and exhuast work here is a site to a guy I work wit who does it as a second business. neverenoughperformance.com. He is located in forest hill according to his website. He is a pretty cool guy. He did a complete 3 inch exhaust on a guys dakota at the base and it sounds awesome. Just my two pennies.

Sweet thanks..

I will give him a call..

This guy Jeremy at SSM is supposed to be very particular and actually wants you there while he does the job so that if he has questions..

That is my kind of tech....

Last edited by UpnOver on Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:56 pm

He is cool. Its funny his girlfriend actually got him into the jeep world. SHe has a sweet ass TJ. He has a cherokee that he beats up. He does all kind of shit. He is actually a machinist on the base. If my memory serves me right he was telling me something like 300 to take my stock muffler out and move it in front of the rear axle and put a new tail pipe section on. I think it is a good price considering he was going to weld the pipes instead of clamps.
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:57 pm

Here is what his site says he offers...

Our Products and Services
-----

We offer fabrication / installation of just about anything that has to
do with automotive performance upgrades.

From Drag Strips to Rock Crawling... We can make it perform better!

One major advantage we have is the ability to fabricate parts using
our on site machine / welding shop.

-Custom Exhaust-

-Tuning-

-Gauges / Data Logging-

-Aftermarket Cams-

-STS Turbos-

-Lift Kits-

-Bumpers-
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Yeah doesnt seem too bad..

On a different topic there is a sweet Jk two door for sale on jeepforum with the fenders cut the way you like em.. It looks sharp...
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:03 pm

The thought is still on the back burner on a low heat. The wife and I had a pretty long talk about the JK. She has no problem seeing it grow up just slow like a kid not all at once. burying us in debt way to deep. She also agreed with what you said about slowing down on the jeep wants a little.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:06 pm

natedogg_66 wrote:
The thought is still on the back burner on a low heat. The wife and I had a pretty long talk about the JK. She has no problem seeing it grow up just slow like a kid not all at once. burying us in debt way to deep. She also agreed with what you said about slowing down on the jeep wants a little.

All man dont take my Man Card away................ I cant agree with someone's wife........ lol!

Nah... its all good.. I just hate to see daily driver's torn up too fast due to our wheeling needs........
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Yeah. Its actually funny you say that. The Jk is going to be 3 years old in november. Like most jeep guys I plan to drive it til it falls then pick it up and dust it off and keep going.
Back to top Go down
antagonist84cj7

antagonist84cj7

Male Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:21 am

UpnOver wrote:

I want a nice tank to mount to the cage and I dont want to have to exchange for a ugly tank........ lol! I plan to use a 20lb tank.

I used to play Paintball, and we would pick up a full size cylinder, and hook up our own manifold system to refill our small tanks. All you need is the fitting and you can exchange your ugly tank when it's empty, and use it to fill your pretty tank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets have some fun....   Lets have some fun.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets have some fun....
Page 1 of 1