Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fender Mod

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Fender Mod Empty
PostSubject: Fender Mod   Fender Mod EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 5:54 pm

I have been debating on buying new fenders or moding the factory ones. Well I have been pondering this for over a year now. I have come to the moding instead of buying. I have an idea of what I want to do. I just need some help doing this. I have looked on other forums where people have done it. It looks simple, I lack the steady hand to do the cutting of the plastic. I am just not sure how much to cut off to get what I want. I am open most days til I go back to work on the 20th of April. I really think it will look good when I am done just want to have the help of some great friends and enjoy some cold beer as well. If anyone can or is willing to help with this let me know.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Fender Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fender Mod   Fender Mod EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 7:00 pm

natedogg_66 wrote:
I have been debating on buying new fenders or moding the factory ones. Well I have been pondering this for over a year now. I have come to the moding instead of buying. I have an idea of what I want to do. I just need some help doing this. I have looked on other forums where people have done it. It looks simple, I lack the steady hand to do the cutting of the plastic. I am just not sure how much to cut off to get what I want. I am open most days til I go back to work on the 20th of April. I really think it will look good when I am done just want to have the help of some great friends and enjoy some cold beer as well. If anyone can or is willing to help with this let me know.

Post up some pics of this mod you speak of... I am sure we can get you into the famous Fallston Fab Motorsports but I am very hesitant on cutting up a daily driver........
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Fender Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fender Mod   Fender Mod EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Fender Mod Fender10
Fender Mod Fender11
Fender Mod Fender12
The marking before the cuts
Fender Mod Fender13
Fender Mod Fender14
The after product of what it will look like
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Fender Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fender Mod   Fender Mod EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 7:41 pm

What is used for the lip after the cut? It appears to be some type of molding.. Is that on the original fender??

I have a rotozip that would cut it and cut it straight.. i think using a thick piece of cardboard and cutting that first and then securing the cardboard to fender would give you a edge to follow with the roto zip.

Problem is that one slip of the hand and the fender is done...
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Fender Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fender Mod   Fender Mod EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Lets do the springs and your grill insert ORANGE also..........

ORANGE is always good................ lol!
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Fender Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fender Mod   Fender Mod EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 8:22 pm

I have other ideas of things I want to do to the jk. I am still on the linex or herculiner kick. I am up in the air due to the cost of linex and the being without the jeep. On the other hand I think the herculiner could be an all day affair. Due to the dry time. Damn I am so torn on some of these mods. On the grill insert if you can get bedliner in orange I am game. I want to do something to offset the silver a little.

OH forgot thanks for the voice of reason Matt. I guess I need to pony up the cash for new fenders or material to fab up some fenders. I was sitting thinking about what my wife would say. Then I thought of the" If you would have given me the money for the fenders this wouldn't... Then the filter kicked on. You know the one that says don't say that you will regret it. that one. It is funny how somethings seem awesome at first.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Fender Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fender Mod   Fender Mod EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 9:13 pm

I dont think I would do bedliner in a daily driver.. Its cool for the Crush but having to drive something daily and having to listen to the noise and the heat that comes when you remove the carpet sucks..

Is the carpet black?

You dont wheel it alot so what is your concern with removing the carpet?

I hear everything in the Crush and it aggravates me and I dont drive it anywhere..

Get yourself a jar duck tape the lid closed and cut a hole in the top.. Everytime you think about spending some petty cash on something stupid put it in the jar... Watch how quick it add's up and you can do a lift or tires...

Your jeep is too nice to start cutting up....

Save up for bigger mods..You just spent all that money on a new house.. The trail rig will come..............

Just ride along with us when we go and you can get your fill of trails.... We always have a right seat in one of our rigs... I will have one most of the summer.... You can drive the Crush... I let my buddy wheel the Crush the last day we ran HARD STUFF.......
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318

Fender Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fender Mod   Fender Mod EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:07 pm

fenders look cool
Back to top Go down