Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Todays society........

Go down 
+3
mdcj7
Allium
UpnOver
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Todays society........ Empty
PostSubject: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:12 pm

I was reading a pretty good thread over on another forum and thought about bringing the discussion here.........

Does it surprise you how people continue to ask for help on a daily basis but are never there when you need help???

Does it surprise you when people talk about another person and then all the sudden they are best friends with them ???

Does it surprise you how people take for granted their jobs and bitch about the job all the time???

I had a good laugh at the answers being posted up on the other forum.. Hope to have the same here..............
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
Allium

Allium

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:00 am

Does it surprise you how people continue to ask for help on a daily basis but are never there when you need help???
Does it surprise you how people take for granted their jobs and bitch about the job all the time??? both tie in with my answer

Nope - I see it every day. Years ago I had a discussion with my brother who is 6 years younger than I. He was laid off. And was fairly new to the job market. His attitude was a company owed him since he worked for them. I was always taught to be greatful - since you can always be replaced. He was in a position where he would rather borrow from my folks to make his mortgage than take a lower paying job (lower than he thought he was worth) and continue looking. I took what I could get rather than stay another day unemployed. It has gotten worse as society has become more urban. Everyone Owes ME. I am owed free college (I didnt go cause I was broke and as a white male there isnt special programs for me), owed free health care, Owed a Job with a vacations!, owed a house - not just a roof over my head but a house (I liked in a one bedroom with 2 kids and slept in teh living room til I could afford a house). So no sense of earning and owing honor. I remember my folks if someone invited you over then they felt obligated to host that couple. Or a gift of cookies from next door the plate was never returned empty.

I was at the gym yesterday and a guy was talking about how much a joker his 4 year old son is. Calls him on the phone and the kid always wants the latest toy. Had the kid over for dinner and the kid had like 3 plates of mac and cheese and wanted more. And it was so cute how the kid placed his hands on the table, looked up has did and said "Now you listen. I said I wanted more mac and cheese so shut up and give it to me." So cute? What like cute like the kid in the super bowl commercial that slapped the adult coming to see his mom? I did that - I would have learned to fly - until I hit the wall across the room. And it would only happen once for me to learn thats not how you respect your elders. Now the attitude - and you see it on every channel and almost every show - which we teach the kids is you are owed by birth. People respect is a birth right not earn but you do not have to give that respect. So as the pigs keep lining up at the bar for that free govt lunch this will not stop.

Does it surprise you when people talk about another person and then all the sudden they are best friends with them ???
Nope - chicken shi* mother frakers. Goes back to the loss of pride, honor, sense of fair play, earning and teh advent of the its all about me. Damn makes me feel like teh guy on the porch of the general store bitching about them younguns and their fancy buggys and the girls running around without the hoop skirts and such.

So is that the type of thing you were looking for as a response?
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:13 am

Im not saying nothinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..... until the crowd has a chance to speak!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 6:55 pm

it's good hearing from you again Gill deadhorse deadhorse deadhorse deadhorse deadhorse
Back to top Go down
Allium

Allium

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:09 am

been keeping a low profile. cant afford to get the cherokee running so cant afford to take TJ off road in case that breaks. Business has been sweating the economy and all the projected hikes in the cost of doing business. But at least its work.
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66

natedogg_66

Male Number of posts : 232

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:09 am

It is an all me me me society now. I stopped offering help to those so called friends that never returned the favor. If you ask for help and then stick it to me sorry about your luck next time. I can't say it surprises me. If you look at what the Govt has done with all the hand outs. It honestly started with the removal of the draft.

I am not sure how to take this one. It shows a couple of things. One that person is too much of a coward to stand up and say what they feel. Two that person is afraid of that persons reaction to what they said about them.

On this one though I do have a belief that you keep friends close and enemies closer. By this I mean that friends will always be there. The enemies you have some dirt on them and don't trust them with one thing or another and want to keep an eye on them.

Does it surprise you how people take for granted their jobs and bitch about the job all the time???

I can say I have seen a lot of people that take them for granted. On the bitching part I think everyone has one thing or another they bitch about that goes with their job.

Well that is my take if that's what your looking for great if not Piss off. Sorry too much time with the Brits over here. But then again opinions are like assholes everyone has one and most of them stink.
Back to top Go down
XJXtian

XJXtian

Female Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:47 pm

I wrote a huge long answer to this last night but figured it wasn't worth it. But I have to at least sum it up....

....these questions pretty much describe every human being's behaviour at any given time in their lives. We ALL have done those things. And never maliciously...at least not on my part....or the part of most people I know.

We have ALL asked for help when we're down and usually when you are down, you don't have much to offer back. I know I have been on both ends of this. I (and Chris too) have a giver's heart. I will give give give. But there are times...and right now is one of them, especially being as broke as we are at the moment, that I cannot give back. Sure, I can give time...but sometimes that is short too. It sucks being on the end of the "cannot give back". But these things come in waves.

(I understand there are people who are the blood-suckers who take take take, and I wanted to bash them too....but someone has to stick up for the decent people that sometimes are unable to do for others)

Smack talk. OMG did you really post that? I have observed several people (friends, even) in this forum alone that are like this. And I never see it as malicious. It's human nature and if you say you NEVER do it, you're lying. One of you is a pain in the ass sometimes and I WILL say it....but it doesn't mean you're not my friend. Matt, you're a dick at work (just sayin', and you'll be the first to admit it) and I'll say it to the next guy, but I love that you're part of our lives and know that you're a great guy. So....am I a malicious person? No. Again, there are a million reasons why someone would talk smack about someone else. Some are innocent, some not so much....but it is human nature.

And last, but not least. I dare one person to say they haven't bitched about their job at one point or another. I love mine. But I DAILY have things I could bitch about. But it NEVER means I do not appreciate my job. And I'm pretty sure that's how most people feel.

Todays society........ 37263

And as Mr Natedog so eloquently put it....if it's not what you were looking for.....piss off. hahahaaaaa! Awesome. I just am trying to explain/describe it from a GOOD PERSON's standpoint. I know that there are people that completely suck out there, who are mean and take everything good in their lives for granted. I'm not sticking up for those people....just for those of us who can admit we've been that person before, whether we knew it or not....or meant to or not.

Last edited by XterraXtian on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
XJXtian

XJXtian

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:01 pm

scratch

C'mon, Matt....no one else seems to be playing. So unveil your thoughts! Maybe it'll get them started.

PS. to touch on the talking about people point again: It still cracks me up that that subject was posted. The reason people FIND OUT that other people do this is because they do it to so many people, they forget who they said what to....and we all just eventually end up finding out. So.....

BATMAN talks to MOE and admits that CURLEY talks crap about him.
MOE then tells BATMAN that CURLEY does the same to him.
Then LARRY walks over and tells MOE that ROBIN talks crap about him, and MOE walks away mad.
Then when MOE's out of earshot, LARRY talks crap about him to BATMAN.
ROBIN calls LARRY and talks crap about BATMAN later that night.
LARRY agrees, but then calls BATMAN and tells him what ROBIN said.
I could go on and on.

And it's right here. The little scenario above has actually been played out, I just changed the names. It always ends up over-heard, read, or known. People are never as dumb as the smack talker(s) thinks they are.

popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn

I speak my mind, cuz it hurts to bite my tongue! lol!
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:34 pm

Ive been away all weekend and didnt open the laptop.........

Very interesting.......... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
XJXtian

XJXtian

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep hehheheeeee

Hope you had a great weekend! We didn't regret our decision to cancel RC.
Rain is fun in the summer. This weekend, not so much!!! Going on the 27th?
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:54 pm

I hung up with Chris and made reservations at OC...

didnt feel like staying home all weekend in the rain......... the kids got to swim and I didnt hear "IM BORED" all weekend.

Maybe I will comment later.... I am still laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
XJXtian

XJXtian

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:01 pm

UpnOver wrote:
I hung up with Chris and made reservations at OC...didnt feel like staying home all weekend in the rain.........the kids got to swim and I didnt hear "IM BORED" all weekend.

VERY cool.

UpnOver wrote:
Maybe I will comment later....I am still laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

You laugh cuz it's true, you turkey.
And no matter what, I don't believe it's malicious. Or maybe it is. *shrug*
Either way, we're all surviving eachother, can laugh at eachother (and ourselves) and ride together....
....so who cares? No hair off my balls. I love you'all reguardless.

birthday birthday birthday birthday
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Whats so funny is that everyone keeps asking "is that what you wanted to hear"

There was no right or wrong to these statements..... I just wanted to see WHO would reply and what the statements would be..

If you really want me to comment then....Here would be my answers to the statements.

I am who I am and I help anyone the first couple times....If you screw me over than I wont help you and I will probably bend you over in a heart beat without hesitation. Most people on this forum know I hand over anything I have and will continue to do the same for the individuals that do the same.. AND THATS WHAT I EXPECT OTHERS TO DO...

I never say nothing behind anyones back that I wouldnt say to their face.. If you know me you know thats true........If I dont like you than it probably wont change..................If I am talking about you, I am willing to bet you deserve it... AND THATS WHAT I EXPECT OTHERS TO DO.....

As for work... I started at Sears 23 years ago on my 17 birthday and never left after college.. If I quit everytime things got rough or it effected my personal life than I would be like the other LOSERS of society that I see day in and day out.. When I go to work I go to do what the company asks me whether I agree with it or not.. I get mad at times but its usally because of associates who take advantage and think I should work the store around their schedules.. It doesnt work that way...If that makes me a Dick than so be it.. I succeed everyday....... and success is alot better than FAILURES!!!!
....... My bitching usually stops on BONUS DAYS.................Yeah baby........AND THATS WHAT I EXPECT OTHERS TO DO..

I have two guys that left the company because the grass was greener and they called me over the weekend to come back.. They are both great associates and I will be hiring them back.. There is a big difference from these individuals and ones that take advantage and show no effort to improve themselves.. There is nothing worse than a person that bitches about a company or job and they show no appreciation for what they have received.

The big picture to this three statement theory is that individuals who dont give forth a effort are the first to bitch and complain about something they dont have.. They are the same individuals that had nothing prior to someone giving them a chance and then when they failed to follow thru and earn their keep they are the first too bitch about someone else....

So..................... IS THAT THE ANSWER YOU WERE LOOKING FOR???????????

On pirate it was a 13 page thread the last I looked........ Pretty funny how its fits in over here too.......and people read into things just like at Pirate......

Last edited by UpnOver on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:32 pm

XterraXtian wrote:
UpnOver wrote:
I hung up with Chris and made reservations at OC...didnt feel like staying home all weekend in the rain.........the kids got to swim and I didnt hear "IM BORED" all weekend.

VERY cool.

UpnOver wrote:
Maybe I will comment later....I am still laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

You laugh cuz it's true, you turkey.
And no matter what, I don't believe it's malicious. Or maybe it is. *shrug*
Either way, we're all surviving eachother, can laugh at eachother (and ourselves) and ride together....
....so who cares? No hair off my balls. I love you'all reguardless.

birthday birthday birthday birthday

Chris, brother.... please teach her how to shave her balls... The thought in my mind wasnt a pretty one............. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:35 pm

I read a great comment today from a contributing member of our club and it has stuck with me today and I think it relates to this topic very well...

"Some people just need a reality check........."

As simple as that might sound, It definitely fits this topic and people who think their words and actions can be withdrawln just because they twist what actually occured.....are wrong and no matter how much bullshit they feed you they are still the same person that played the games in the beginning.

First.. middle and last impressions mean alot and usually tell the truth about someone's character..

If you seem FULL OF SHIT you usually ARE..........

I guess that brings me to the fact that YES if I am a Dick than so be it but this DICK is the one that is usally offering everything they have to anyone that needs it and I am usually the DICK that gets screwed over because that same person is not actually the person they pretend to be but someone that takes advantage and never offers help to others.......

MR. Dick aka UPNOVER signing off for now...

Ps... Keep in mind its not what you receive in life but actually what you have given!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the cover up in the world cant hide that ...........

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Male Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:13 pm

sometimes I just complain cause it makes me feel better... then I go about my buisness... I have quit sears in my head a couple of times (a week) but then I feel better and realize as much as it can be a pain I still have to pay the ex... and any other job would be as much of a pain if not more.

And yes Matt you are a DICK but Pattey and I love you anyway. You have always gone out of the way to help me and others.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:47 pm

JEEPERX wrote:
sometimes I just complain cause it makes me feel better... then I go about my buisness... I have quit sears in my head a couple of times (a week) but then I feel better and realize as much as it can be a pain I still have to pay the ex... and any other job would be as much of a pain if not more.

And yes Matt you are a DICK but Pattey and I love you anyway. You have always gone out of the way to help me and others.

You are just being nice because you need me......................... affraid

Get back to the point and answer the three questions...... Thats what this thread is about....................
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 pm

Three question and there answers

This does happen and I learn to say NO!!!!! after a while I'll help anyone with anything if I got the time. Do you ever get phone call and know when that person calls it just because he/she wants something they never just call to talk.

All my friends talk about me it's nothing new here. People that hate me talk about me also I don't care

Well I have about the best job in the plant and complained about it all the time. I been doing the same job for 20 years at the same place I'm ready to move on. I want to retire but can't (health insurance) but I have to do something just a drifferent job. I know my job very well and this makes me bitch about it. You need challenge and or change at your job to keep you happy.

Matt are these the answers you are looking for. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
XJXtian

XJXtian

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:56 pm

UpnOver wrote:
JEEPERX wrote:
Pattey and I love you anyway. You have always gone out of the way to help me and others.

You are just being nice because you need me......................... affraid

Oh, sweetie, hahahahahaaaaaaa. Needs you for WHAT?
So he can tell his friends with cool trucks that he knows a guy with a Chebby?
So he can say he's friends with a guy who's Jeep has a boat butt?

Sorry. Couldn't help it. I'm a jerk. Love you (and I don't even need you!!!)

geek
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Guess my cell phone bill will drop now..........

lol!

You said what........ Todays society........ 863218

Jeep and truck comment are pretty hilarious......... Everyone grows up someday and learns from their mistakes.. Some of us just learn earlier....

And.......some learn on 81 North to Tremont...........or North on Crawl Daddy........ Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
XJXtian

XJXtian

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:00 pm

tee he heee. You know we love you. banhump

I pick on your stuff cuz I'm jealous you have a rig....I miss mine.
And I know you can take it.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:24 pm

Yeah... I have been home bundled up in a corner cryin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

nah........ its all fun ..............................

If I aint pickin on ya...... I probably dont like ya.................... lol!

Dam Tom, Chris and Chris....... I must really like you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dam Ford and Dodge lovers.........

oh sorry Tommy Jr.............. cant forget you......

Congrats Chris T... glad you did well with the visit today........ My hard work should pay off in your wallet soon Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
XJXtian

XJXtian

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:31 pm

UpnOver wrote:

My hard work should pay off in your wallet soon Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

thats funny
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:35 pm

Fine I will take back what I had said about him.......................................

If thats the way you prefer.........
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:45 pm

UpnOver wrote:
Fine I will take back what I had said about him.......................................

If thats the way you prefer.........

No I retract that....... I would still say what I said about him because he deserves it.............. I cant take that away because of your failure to see what I meant................

Again, the thread turns negative on assumptions...... Imagine that................Im glad to see it (oh never mind).........

Thread locked due to turning wrong route of original intent................ blaster

For the record..... No ones feelings are hurt and a few pms' cleared the air... Im not gonna delete the thread because it is pretty funny and Im like that.........

Sometimes women just take things the wrong way......... lol! lol!

Sorry Pattey... I just had too......... Im sure I will get it in another thread somewhere.......

deadhorse deadhorse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todays society........   Todays society........ Empty

Back to top Go down

Todays society........
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Maryland Rock Raiders :: EVERYTHING ELSE :: COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC-
Jump to: