Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another"

Go down 
+3
UpnOver
CamoK5
shaggy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
shaggy

shaggy

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-02-03

My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" Empty
PostSubject: My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another"   My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:21 pm

Hey everyone,
I am taking my 90 waggoner and converting it from Automatic to a Stick

I had a 727 Transmission and a NP208 Transfer Case

I am putting in a T-18 trans and a 20 transfer

The Doner jeep was a J-20 Truck
My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" S6301611
My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" S6301612My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" S6301613

The Truck had a lot of other fun parts to fix my jeep up
The Front Fenders and Drives door are a like rusty but I have way better ones now
My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" Dsc00010My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" Dsc00013

The replacement Fenders are
My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" S6301614My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" S6301615

I already have the T-18 trans and a 20 transfer in my jeep it was hard but I got it in there now
But I have to put a notch in the Trans because the old trans mount was broke and I put in a newer stonger one

Old MountMy Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" Dsc00014

Trans NotchMy Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" Dsc00015

New Stronger Trans MountMy Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" Dsc00016

My jeep with the with a 4-Stick and a Auto on the collum
My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" Dsc00017

My jeep with the T-18 trans and a 20 transfer shifter though the floor
My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" Dsc00018

The T-18 trans and a 20 transfer under my jeep not a lot of room but the fit Shocked
My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" Dsc00019

I had to trade the Front axle because the old tranfer case was a drive side drop and the dana 20 is a pass side drop, also that means that I get wider axles Cool

Old Axles My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" Dsc00020 New Axles My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" Dsc00021

The jeep moves around now on the front axle only, but it will live again

I also have to still
-trade the front fenders
-trade the front grill
-build a exhaust because my old exhaust went on the passanger side and the dana 20 is really close to the frame
-repair the floor pans ( I let window down a little when is sat so holes in the floor board my bad but will be fixed)
-trade the rear axle out

Problem I have and if any can help plz let me know:

I am longing to move my rear axle back some, I have though of flipping my springs around beacuse the front side if 28 inches and the rear side is 34 inches that would give me about 6 inches more back, also I am thinking of inverting my rear shakle mounts and droping them a bout 2-3 inches to give me a like more lift in the rear, cause my waggon sags a little in ther rear, the reason I am thinking of doing this is becuase The J-20 drive shaft length is like 62 inches long
The 90 Waggons Drive shaft length is like 42 inches long and Right now if I do not move the axle back I will still have to have a drive shaft made, Anyone have any advice on moving a axle?

Anyone know a good place to get a drive shaft done close to Baltimore Maryand? For when I need a drive shaft made later

Last edited by shaggy on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
CamoK5

Number of posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another"   My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:22 pm

I would not go through moving the axle. I would get the drive shaft cut or have a new one made. Try A-1 Drivshaft made mine, better price. 1-800-228-0356. Also check this out for a home made shackle flip http://www.coloradok5.com/shackleflip.shtml
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another"   My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 12:59 am

If you want it done right take it to Ron at Perry Hall Powerequipment.. You wont worry about it again...Pay for it now or pay later, he does it the way it should be..
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
JEEPERX

JEEPERX

Male Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another"   My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:59 pm

UpnOver wrote:
If you want it done right take it to Ron at Perry Hall Powerequipment.. You wont worry about it again...Pay for it now or pay later, he does it the way it should be..

x2

and now that Ron must be on new meds you can talk to him now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318

PostSubject: wow   My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 7:47 pm

All of that and he forgot to mention the members who have helped him, what a bummer. Just teasing.

Thansk to Mark and Paul for all of the reasearch to find the correct flywheel and the J20 truck.

Thanks to Paul for the Haul.

Thanks to Mark for the axle for the J20 Bed that will be for sale soon, has a great tailgate. New 2" hitch so it will function like a trailer.

And of course the his Pit Crew who has parked his new truck on the street for too long.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another"   My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:18 pm

crazyjimmy wrote:
All of that and he forgot to mention the members who have helped him, what a bummer. Just teasing.

Thansk to Mark and Paul for all of the reasearch to find the correct flywheel and the J20 truck.

Thanks to Paul for the Haul.

Thanks to Mark for the axle for the J20 Bed that will be for sale soon, has a great tailgate. New 2" hitch so it will function like a trailer.

And of course the his Pit Crew who has parked his new truck on the street for too long.

you forgot the driving force for Shaggy to get this all done argue You his Father
Back to top Go down
Allium

Allium

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another"   My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 7:02 pm

Good job there
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another"   My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 6:00 pm

weather has hampered us much and so has the heat. The Wagon should be done for next Spring? HAHAHAHAH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another"   My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another" Empty

Back to top Go down

My Waggon Lives, "will have the guts of another"
Page 1 of 1