Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maryland Rock Raiders Invite

Go down 
+6
mdcj7
crazyjimmy
FallstonYJ
jnjstj
UpnOver
bigrubbers4x4
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bigrubbers4x4

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Maryland Rock Raiders Invite Empty
PostSubject: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Hello Maryland Rock Raiders club members,

The Big Rubbers Custom 4x4 Club Inc. would like to invite all the club members of Maryland Rock Raiders out to the Windber Pa. 15963 area for a trail cutting / pig roast / camping / wheeling what we cut weekend, on the private property our club has available to us. The dates for this event are August 28th, 29th and 30th. We are asking for your support cutting trails in this " new to 4 wheeling land" and be among the first to travel on them. To all of those who come out to help us with the cutting, we wish to Thank you, by hosting this Pig Roast, at no costs. we will provide the gas for your chainsaws, as well.

Folks are welcome to come out Friday night and camp, perhaps enjoy a fire and some good chat, as Saturday we will be cutting the trails Big Rubbers has marked out, then come evening we will be feasting on Roast Pig,(the aroma will be wafting thru the air all day, as the pig is being cooked in the ground while we cut trails), during dinner we will be listening to live music, raffling off camping gear, some off road equipment, and even a 1 night stay at the Comfort Suites hotel in State College Pa, including a $25.00 gift certificate at Fridays for dinner for two. What's on the menu? as mentioned, ground roasted pig, hot dogs, wings, french fries, and some easy to eat in the woods baked goods. As we go along I'm sure that list will grow.

Sunday when everyone wakes up we will be wheeling on the trails we cut the day before. The cooks will rustle up whatever leftovers we have from dinner for those who wish and while supplies last.

Thus far we have received nearly a thousand dollars in food, raffle prizes, and services donations (porta potty), additionally our members have raised over 300 dollars to round out the budget for the pig roast.

The land we are working on will be used for many future events, both Charity and just trail rides, including other 4x4 clubs. One of the first Charity events we are planing is for sometime in Oct. At that event, we have hopes of raising at least $500 and approach a local poultry wholesaler to purchase as many turkeys as we can and asked them to match turkey for turkey, to be given to needy families for the upcoming holidays. Its a nice way to give back to the community by helping those that cannot help themselves. This recession has hit many families very hard, it will be nice to help out as much as we can by doing what we enjoy, off roading.

This invitation is for Maryland Rock Raiders club members only. If you know of another club such as yours please forward their info, so that we may extend an invitation to them. If you would like to attend, please email Sam Buchkovich III at: bigrubbers4x4@yahoo.com please put "pig roast" in the subject area of your email. Please come out for the weekend, and please bring your own alcohol if you would like to drink.
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Pretty good ride from us.. 3 and 1/2 hours from my zip to theirs. Im in if a group wants to do it but that is the weekend after RcRocs.
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
jnjstj

jnjstj

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:08 pm

3 1/2 is a long ride for pulling the trailer.i will have to think on that one
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 10:32 pm

Jason you are concerned and you drive a Chevy.. Imagine what Chris and Tom are thinking........... thats funny moon

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :badnana: :badnana: :badnana: :badnana: blaster blaster blaster
Back to top Go down
jnjstj

jnjstj

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 10:44 pm

not worried about the truck.it is the gas!!! that is aleast 2 tanks at $80 a tank
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:14 am

Oh it's the gas is it?????????
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: penciled in   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:41 am

It is on the calendar but that is a long time away, I am lucky if I get a week to plan ahead.

It is on the Calendar.
Back to top Go down
bigrubbers4x4

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 3:31 pm

here are some spy photos from out at our property in the fall from last year. just to give ya'll a little taste of whats there.

we were out there this past weekend getting the logging roads opened back up so we can branch some nice trails off them. the property claimed 2 victims while we were there, theres all kinds of stuff to do out there from a nice mud hole, tons of rocks and some nice enjoyable green trails to ride around on. i didnt get any good pics this weekend of what we got opened up but next time we go out to mark i will be sure to get some pics.

we have clubs coming from over by Philly and up by NY driving more than 3 to 4 hours to come out. i sure hope some of you guys can make it out. it will be a great weekend.

https://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/bigrubbers4x4/OHV%20Property/

i have a message to pass on from Bear,

he is wondering if Tico is still a part of MRR? Bear did the story on you guys for Low Range magazine. Bear is one of our BOD members and our PR director. he hopes to see some of you guys out for the pig roast weekend also.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Yes Tico is still part of the MRR. Tell Bear I said hi I have been on a couple of rides with him. I still like the one when he rented a stock Liberty and to it to Paragon. I hope we will be able to get a group together to come up for this project.

Paul T
Back to top Go down
bigrubbers4x4

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:30 pm

yeah, bear told me about the stock liberty at paragon. i bet that was fun. next time you talk to him ask him about the time i blew the tranny up in my 5.9L grand at paragon, that was an interesting ride home with the wife....

i hope some of you folks can make it out. we have members coming from BMJA, HRJA, Rocks n Roost, Alpha Omega off road, backwoods jeep club, PA Jeeps and a few other clubs as well. Some of the scouts from the BSA Venture Crew we sponsor will be there also as well as the reps from the BSA.

once you guys have a list of folks coming, please email me the list of names or each person can email me them selves like mentioned above, so they get on the list to be let in at the gate. thanks, talk to ya soon.

Last edited by bigrubbers4x4 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:19 pm

Anyone thinking of making this trip? I would like to do it but only if I can find a decent diesel dually to replace my gas hog. affraid
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:31 pm

FallstonYJ wrote:
Anyone thinking of making this trip? I would like to do it but only if I can find a decent diesel dually to replace my gas hog. affraid

Well stop looking at the Ford advertisements and you might find a "decent" diesel.. something like a Dodge.. Wake up and look at the Duramax and you will find a awesome diesel.......

lol!
Back to top Go down
Bear

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 11:41 pm

mdcj, the stock liberty rental I had was covered by the insurance company of the drunk driver that hit my XJ and totaling it. I told the ins. co. that I use my Jeep to work in and had to explain, and told them a car wouldn't work. when I returned it, the interior and exterior were clean, but once they opened the hood it was a different story, luckily for me they didn't open it. I enjoyed that ride that day, also the one at R.C. with Tito leading your club. that was the ride where I had my MJ up a tree in reverse teetering on one wheel, then all I heard was STOP!, I said to myself oh shii I broke something, next thing I know 20 flashes went off, everybody wanted a picture of Bear up a tree, one even made it into the article.
anyways, we hope that some of you can make it out to help us open up this new 4x4 land, unfortunately, we can't cover the gas to get everyone here, so we decided to show everyone a good time with a pig roast and other food, along with a band for some music to listen to, and provide an area for all to camp if they wish, and we are covering the gas for the chain saws that everyone brings. we'll have a few fire pits and plenty of firewood so we all can mingle and make new friends. eventually, we are planning to hold charity trail rides, one in Oct. and we are looking at buying Turkeys with the proceeds and work with a poultry wholesaler to match us turkey for turkey and then pass them out in time for the holidays for the needy, and nowadays, that means a lot more people because of the economy.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:31 pm

Bear wrote:
mdcj, the stock liberty rental I had was covered by the insurance company of the drunk driver that hit my XJ and totaling it. I told the ins. co. that I use my Jeep to work in and had to explain, and told them a car wouldn't work. when I returned it, the interior and exterior were clean, but once they opened the hood it was a different story, luckily for me they didn't open it. I enjoyed that ride that day, also the one at R.C. with Tito leading your club. that was the ride where I had my MJ up a tree in reverse teetering on one wheel, then all I heard was STOP!, I said to myself oh shii I broke something, next thing I know 20 flashes went off, everybody wanted a picture of Bear up a tree, one even made it into the article.
anyways, we hope that some of you can make it out to help us open up this new 4x4 land, unfortunately, we can't cover the gas to get everyone here, so we decided to show everyone a good time with a pig roast and other food, along with a band for some music to listen to, and provide an area for all to camp if they wish, and we are covering the gas for the chain saws that everyone brings. we'll have a few fire pits and plenty of firewood so we all can mingle and make new friends. eventually, we are planning to hold charity trail rides, one in Oct. and we are looking at buying Turkeys with the proceeds and work with a poultry wholesaler to match us turkey for turkey and then pass them out in time for the holidays for the needy, and nowadays, that means a lot more people because of the economy.

Good to here from you again Bear right now I feel we have two rigs coming Me and one of the other members. have not posted this yet hope some more will join in. We may be coming up Friday during the day will this be a problem will setting up camp early.
Back to top Go down
Bear

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 9:10 pm

no at all, many are coming in Friday and camping out. we we have a gate, but will have a radio there for when folks arrive, they just need to hollar and someone will come and open the gate for them. there will be fire pits and wood already there for those who come Friday to camp. good to hear that you are coming out, it'll be nice to see you again, and rehash some old trail rides while making some new memories and friends.
Back to top Go down
bigrubbers4x4

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:37 pm

for more information about the pig roast, please follow this link to our forum board.

http://bigrubbers4x4.org/forum/showthread.php?p=15445&posted=1#post15445

if you have any questions or if you need the address to the property please follow the link. this thread is for the pig roast invitees to communicate with each other if they wish to do so.
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:14 am

Still wondering if anybody wants to make this trip??
Back to top Go down
Bear

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:37 am

MDCJ7, said he and another member are most likely going to come out during the day on Friday. There will be plenty of people around as we will be getting the place set up, porta potty coming and all the other things to be set & picked up, our butcher with the pig is way cool, he is going to have a fresh pig for us and is going to be at his shop so we can get it at 5am on Sat.
hope to see you there!!!!!

Bear
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:45 am

FallstonYJ wrote:
Still wondering if anybody wants to make this trip??

Tom Mark and myself are planing to do this trip we are looking to take off work on friday and go up during the day. I have the vacation time just waiting for Mark to check.
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:48 am

Will not know about Friday until the last minute but I would like to make the trip if I could make it with at least one or two others. (Safety in numbers you know!)
Back to top Go down
Bear

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:11 pm

FallstonYJ, hopefully things will work out and you can join the others on Friday and enjoy the weekend with everyone. We have several clubs with members attending: Pa.Jeeps, Keystone Krawlers, Alpha Omega, Backwoods jeepers, rocks n roost, HRJA, BMJA, and I think Jeeps r Us, along with members from your club. We also have this regions BSA Scout exec., a B.O.D. member of the Rock Run atv/suv park, and the Editor of the main newspaper for this area. again, thanks to all who can come out and lend a hand creating this new trail system.

Bear
Back to top Go down
Bear

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:39 pm

two of the areas newspaper Editors will be in attendance enjoying the festivities, along with the local TV news doing a segment. I was speaking to an old friend,( Doc Riley), yesterday who hosts TV shows for Masters Entertainment group, he, personally, can't make it out for the pig roast, he'll be at a drag race, but may be able to send a colleague for an episode on one of their shows. He did confirm to come out for our October Charity ride to do a show. He is seen on OLN, the Outdoor Network, and sometimes on ESPN and ESPN2

Bear
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
CamoK5

Number of posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:26 pm

Come on guys it is time to join in and WALK THE WALK. You seen what happened to Paragon and it could very well happen to Rausch some day. Paul and I will be leaving around noon on Friday.
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:46 am

I am heading up if I am not working Saturday. I am just coming off of vacation this wednesday and getting Friday off would be a long streach. If off Saturday, I will leave Early (even for me) and try to arrive around 9 AM. Still have to map queast it and see how early?
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:53 am

If I am off Saturday I may drive up on Friday night, it is only 3 hours !0 minutes. 174 miles from my house. Thats only 30 minutes further than Rausch. Will have to see

Not really that far to drive. Might even drag the CJ up.

If you think about it, It is just as far from my house as Paragon was, We lost that place, I could use a second one that is close, just for the change of scenery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maryland Rock Raiders Invite   Maryland Rock Raiders Invite Empty

Back to top Go down

Maryland Rock Raiders Invite
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next