Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ADA 2009

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

ADA 2009 Empty
PostSubject: ADA 2009   ADA 2009 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:16 pm

Members,
Monday night I asked Chris Lloyd, Mark, Chris Taylor, Pattey and Tico to meet me at MaGerks for a short but important meeting. Unfortunately Paul was out of the state and Jimmy was not available.

I had a few topics I wanted to finish conversation with including this years ADA run. In the past two months great discussion has occured on the event. To be very honest we had changed our mind whether to have it or not about a million times.

Tico, whom asked to be in charge of the event had been trying to recruit past sponsors and had given us very few responses due to the economy. I had contacted the local vendors which I had used the past two years and they even advised me that they would not be able to contribute very much this year.

This left the board with some awful decisions to make. We had thought about canceling it a month ago but decided to give it some more time.

With the lack of sponsorships we had decided that maybe it would be better for the club to cancel and not have the event not turn out very well this year. With the club being new and being totally revamped this year we have made some great strides and we do not want to start a event that we are not totally capable of making a great success.

The purpose of me calling this meeting was to make sure the everyone was on the same page. I had asked Chris and Pattey and the Alpha Omega club to participate so I felt it necessary to have them there. Paul and Jimmy had been contacted and their opinion was gotten.

I had gotten this response from Tico:

I would rather just cancel it all together. It's a shame too, we were just getting somewhere, got Natioanl advertising space on the ADA page, have a great relashionship with the people of the ADA center in Baltimore, but the lack of participation from members, the economic changes this year have brought us all as not been helpful to the cause. Everyone is pinching penneys, includeding me. I wonder what ever happend to those individuals that told me the new changes will be good for the cause and we could delegate the various jobs to other members and have a more effective outcome. What ever became of those guys

So when Mark and Chris arrived we discussed what they felt and got some feedback from Chris. When Tico arrived we advised him of the decision...

On the bright side the group of us made some great decisions about the party we are having for you the members and picked some great gifts.. Mark's wife Dawn and Tina contributed alot to the food selection and assured us GUYS we needed help with that.... So I hope all of you can make it...
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
Allium

Allium

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-02-04

ADA 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADA 2009   ADA 2009 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:38 am

Sorry to here that. Sadly the economy and the uncertainty about how high the taxes, fees and other "issues" are affecting the small businesses, which are the heart of community giving. My company normally picks one big charity to give to and supports several smaller ones which in the past included ADA. But the choice had to be made - and we chose to try to limit the amount of layoffs. Unfortunately I don't see the business climate changing anytime soon and usually once an event like this is canceled for a year it never starts up again. Look at the positive side - the group helped for a time and it was better than never helping.
Back to top Go down
ffhill61

ffhill61

Male Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-02-04

ADA 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADA 2009   ADA 2009 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 8:48 pm

Well said.
Back to top Go down
XJXtian

XJXtian

Female Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-02-02

ADA 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADA 2009   ADA 2009 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Awesome post, Matt.

There's always next year. I sure would love for both our clubs to work together.
The ADA is very important.....considering Chris' 25 years as a diabetic.

I think it was wise to wait till you guys were more "on your feet".

I cannot fully comment on the message from Tico but I will say this..... I know
is that it takes a simple phone call to be sure the ADA understands your situation
and to keep the good rapport and standing with them. As for his statement,
"I wonder what ever happend to those individuals that told me the new changes will be good for the cause"
well.....I really cannot say what I want and I have typed and erased a dozen times.

Don't pay attention to guilt driven comments like this. You guys will be back 100x
stronger next year. If he was paying attention and thinking about what you were trying
to do....he'd understand that you guys would rather skip a year than to totally FUBAR
(accidentally, of course) as a "New and Improved" Club that wasn't as prepared as
they'd like to be. (maybe I didn't say that right....but hopefully you get what I mean)

You guys are doing a great job and should be very happy with what you've done so far.

~Pattey
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com
Sponsored content

ADA 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADA 2009   ADA 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADA 2009
Page 1 of 1