Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wheeling as a group

Go down 
+4
Allium
mdcj7
UpnOver
chics4jeeps
8 posters
AuthorMessage
chics4jeeps

chics4jeeps

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Wheeling as a group Empty
PostSubject: Wheeling as a group   Wheeling as a group EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:44 pm

Just wanted to make an observation... On the meetup and forum sites I have noticed that there hasnt been alot of turnout for club runs. No I know Easter is coming up and folks have plans. The only things I have noticed that the "club" is doing @ Rausch is recruiting for trash cleanup , to man a tent in May and a picnic in June in western MD.
My question is when are we going to get to the nitty gritty and get to wheeling as a group like we use to???? :(
Forgive me if I am speaking out of turn. Just my 2cents. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling as a group   Wheeling as a group EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:23 pm

You have a great point and Chris Taylor and I spoke about this last night at dinner. I personally just got my jeep done so thats my excuse but whats the rest of your excuses......

Chris was telling me that his club also only see's a few core members out of the entire membership that wheel monthly but then he does get up to 12 rigs at a time also..

I have invited Alpha Omega to join us with the ADA run and I hope this brings our groups together.. I really enjoy speaking with Chris and Pattey and I love hearing their stories about their rides.. We are gonna have a team effort and hope to make the ADA even more fun than the past years.

Would posting polls monthy with wheeling dates help some of you get out?
Back to top Go down
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling as a group   Wheeling as a group EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 9:52 am

I properly drop the ball on this one. I made a calendar that was handed out at the meeting and I know not everyone did not make the meeting. I will post all the club runs in the trail run section and make it a sticky.
Back to top Go down
Allium

Allium

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling as a group   Wheeling as a group EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 10:25 am

There is a calender on this site that can be used also. One thing I liked about the old way was I knew that something would happen the second weekend of the month so I could plan down the road. The other good thing was family knew to avoid scheduleing things that weekend. Right now with money being as tight as it is preplanning becomes even more important. Now I dont know what weekend it would be so Ive just made other plans hoping it wouldnt conflict but i see they conflict with upcoming club events - such is life, maybe July.
Back to top Go down
jnjstj

jnjstj

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling as a group   Wheeling as a group EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 9:49 pm

well i wish i could make more runs but the military seems to make our drills on the same weekend of the club run.i will be on the april run but after that i will be down in fl doing military sh#% for 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
The Devil Dog

Male Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling as a group   Wheeling as a group EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:10 pm

I would like to propose some changes or advise:

1) That the membership speaks up more regularly, what happens is that 5 to 7 people are trying to plan things for everyone, without the input of the membership trips fall on death ears. With this proposal, we should schedule a given weekend for club runs, regardless of who shows or how many. This will put things back on track for the general membership. I have had major work done to my TJ which has set me back greatly financially as well as with time. Over the past several months, the BOD has been trying to get this club back in shape and instill new directions and enhance our club profile, unlike before where there was only one making decisions you now have 5 members and coordinating their efforts is a bit of a challenge, it requires a little more patience. While we work on our daily jobs or affairs, we are left with little time for family and then club affairs. These is one reason the BOD needs your support to work more efficiently, hence, take charge of some runs, post them, not only in the forum but in the meet up as well. The club is now self govern and that means everyone is task with helping it get better, not just a hand full of people.

2) I have observed that the last 3 months the scheduled runs have been slim to none. While a great many of us have been dry docked, only a few have taken the charge to lead a group. I thank Patty and Veronica because they are true to the club and have no fear to take the lead, as well as Paul T. Yet, we have a long way to go; however, soon enough we will again be a shining light to all moderate wheelers and extremist.

3) We should try with a lot of efforts to support those of us that compete in the RC Rock course as well as our associate clubs in their events. If we as a group help support others, then they will support our event in kind. After all that is part of the brotherhood, right!

Well, I have been silent for a little too long; these are my personal observations and recommendations.

How many of you have gone out of your way to help promote the ADA offroad fundraiser for this year or are seeking sponsors to donate something toward our goal? Need a flyer? Let me know. I will e-mail you one.

I recently send a t-shirt to Jeff the owner of the Adrenaline Offroad shop, a sponsor who has been with us over the last 3 years, he was extremely grateful for it and complemented the art work and design. Have you send in your registration yet? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? June 22nd, is just around the corner, we need your commitment to plan effectively. Thank you for your support….
Back to top Go down
http://www.ticothedevildog.com/
jnjstj

jnjstj

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling as a group   Wheeling as a group EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 7:32 pm

tico can you email me one i will take it down to my guard unit
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
crazyjimmy

Male Number of posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling as a group   Wheeling as a group EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 9:18 pm

I will be out there soon and wheel with you guys anytime. Money is getting real tight
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ

FallstonYJ

Male Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling as a group   Wheeling as a group EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 11:33 pm

Tico, email a flyer to me please. Thanks, Tom.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
The Devil Dog

Male Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: FLYER FOR THE ADA EVENT   Wheeling as a group EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 10:44 am

for the benefit of all, I am adding the flyer link to this forum:

4TH ANNUAL OFF-ROAD FUNDRAISER FLYER

Please make as many copies as you wish and distribute them to all points, including on the windshields of Jeep or dressed up rigs you find on the parking pads across the land. Thank you for your support. I am beginning to receive stuff via UPS and the mail. But we will soon be working on the design for this year’s t-shirt, if you have recommendations, art work or ideas let me know, I am open to your suggestions.

PM or e-mail me: ticocarreras@comcast.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.ticothedevildog.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling as a group   Wheeling as a group Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheeling as a group
Page 1 of 1