Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Call for HELP..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UpnOver
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
UpnOver

Male Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Call for HELP.. Empty
PostSubject: Call for HELP..   Call for HELP.. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:07 pm

The reigning King of the Hammers needs your help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

For those of you that do not know my Pirate "screen name", I am Jason Scherer. The current "King of the Hammers."

As the current King, I wanted to use my powers to help save our sport.

Right now in all parts of our country, our access to public lands is under attack. As I type this, we are fighting to save Johnson Valley which may soon be taken over by the 29 Palms Marine Corps base. The Rubicon is under attack by a small group of people who want it closed during the winter. The Upper Tellico OHV area in North Carolina is on the verge of being closed forever. ALL our National Forests are undergoing something called "route designation" which could erase roads off the maps forever. These are NOT just 4x4 roads, but normal dirt roads that a family going fishing, hunting or camping may take.

Apathy is killing us. We NEED to get active as a community. Way more active.

There were more than 15,000 people at the last King of the Hammers and there are literally hundreds of thousands of people on Pirate4x4.com, yet we only got 800 comment letters sent in with the Pirate4x4.com letter generator to help save Johnson Valley. And that was even with Dave Cole giving away an all-expense paid trip to KOH for one lucky letter writer.

Can you imagine what we could do if the entire off road community actually came together and fought for each others trails as one? What if EVERYONE wrote a letter?

There are many other things that you can do without spending a dime to save our trails.
One of the biggest and most effective things you can do is to write letters whenever there is a public comment period for an OHV area. Your letters can and do make a difference.

You don't need to be a land-use "guru" with some special knowledge, or have some awesome writing skills to submit an effective letter. Everyone just needs to write one.

So, as the current King of the Hammers, I am asking the entire OHV community for a favor:

Get active in saving our trails and our sport. Fight for ALL of our trails, not just your local wheeling areas.

Here's what you can do:

Write letters using the Pirate4x4.com letter generator: www.pirate4x4.com/letters

Keep informed by regularly reading Pirate's land-use section: www.pirate4x4.com/landuse

Join or start a local "Friends of" organization to work on our trails.

If you can afford it, join and donate to one of our OHV organizations.

Jason Scherer
The King of the Hammers
https://marylandrockraiders.forumotion.com

Call for HELP..
Page 1 of 1