Maryland Rock Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Rock Raiders Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Broken rear track bar mount

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MDRubi

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Broken rear track bar mount Empty
PostSubject: Broken rear track bar mount   Broken rear track bar mount EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi everyone, I'm hoping that someone can help me with this. First, the particulars: 2007 Rubicon just fitted with 4” Superlift and 35x12.50s. Next, the problem: While driving to work this morning, someone flagged me down and said I was dragging something – the something turned out to be my rear track bar! The stock mount is deformed and the weld totally sheared, but the bracket is still intact.

So my question is, after I buy the new mount, what is involved with installing it – just weld it where the old one was?
Back to top Go down
jdjeeper

jdjeeper

Male Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Broken rear track bar mount   Broken rear track bar mount EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 8:30 pm

make sure you clean the housing very well with no dirt or coatings and the same goes for the mount. then put it on where it should be make a tack and fit the trac bar in the mount to make sure its where you want it and then go ahead and crank the heat up on the welder and get it on there permanent
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Forum Trail Guide
Forum Trail Guide
mdcj7

Male Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Broken rear track bar mount   Broken rear track bar mount EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 8:47 pm

will the dealer fix this? a 4" lift would not make that mount to break off. I feel this was a bad weld from the factory.
Back to top Go down
MDRubi

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Broken rear track bar mount   Broken rear track bar mount EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Thanks folks - problem fixed. I tried to clean and reuse the factory parts, but couldn't beat out the deformities. And, after calling the dealer I learned that there have been a lot of troubles with the factory braces breaking weld on the JKs. It turned out to be cheaper to but the $25 Black Diamond brace and have father-in-law weld it on. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken rear track bar mount   Broken rear track bar mount Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken rear track bar mount
Page 1 of 1